generalneo
Hello, I run a small car audio shop and been considering having some non mainstream brands like DC, IA, Sundown, Sound digital, etc... for high end amps and subs. I didnt include DD in there as I am looking for some VFM brands with prices similar or lesser than the mainstream brands.

Since competition in my region for car audio is mostly Musical SPL and playing loud in open, I am looking for Subs that are capable of being loud and has good SQ as well. I have worked on RE, Kicker, JL, earthquake, Focal, DLS, Power acoustik etc...

what brand and model subs should i look for when I am considering Daily driven cars that can do 140 -150 db on music using single sub? (10 inch, 12 inch,15 inches)

Which brand amps are the most reliable and capable with regards to the price point?

I dont have access to any of the brands mentioned in the beginning and I will have to decide purely based on the input here. Probably get a small quantity and try them out.
Quote 0 0
tprj82
ascendant audio, soundstream 2 off the top of my head
Quote 0 0
generalneo
tprj82 wrote:
ascendant audio, soundstream 2 off the top of my head


Thanks for the suggestion.

I didnt know much About AA other than the SMD 18s. Can you let me know why AA?
How does these stack against the DC level 1 to 5.

Does soundstream do rated power? I know the old one were really awesome. What about the new ones?

Please share your experiences and knowledge.
Quote 0 0
tprj82
aa is the same company as fi, just aa is dealer and fi is strictly online. I would say they stack up very very comparably to dc audio all three are great companies, with great owners and knowledge of products. my ssd's were my fave subs out of any kicker , dd, ma audio. and numerous other subs i have owned in the past.

As far as soundstream they are owned my power acoustik now, or vice versa i forget. Their xxx series of amps are great powerful amps typically work better on 18v then 12v but still put out tons of power on 12, the pair of 6500d's were powerful and practically bullet proof, ive also used there lower line amps in a few friends installs and not bad bang for your buck either
Quote 0 0
generalneo
tprj82 wrote:
aa is the same company as fi, just aa is dealer and fi is strictly online. I would say they stack up very very comparably to dc audio all three are great companies, with great owners and knowledge of products. my ssd's were my fave subs out of any kicker , dd, ma audio. and numerous other subs i have owned in the past.

As far as soundstream they are owned my power acoustik now, or vice versa i forget. Their xxx series of amps are great powerful amps typically work better on 18v then 12v but still put out tons of power on 12, the pair of 6500d's were powerful and practically bullet proof, ive also used there lower line amps in a few friends installs and not bad bang for your buck either


That is some serious information regarding AA and FI.

PA, sound stream, precision power etc is owned by epsilon electronics. I will be able to get them since i am already the distributor for PA. But i am worried that soundstream will also be severely over rated like PA amps


You pointed me in a direction i never would have looked, i was more inclined to DC audio and incriminator audio for subs. For amps i was thinking about sun down and sound digital.

Can anyone tell me what would be the equivalent or better from AA in performance when compared to kicker S15L7. And which one stacks againt the solox. I am not looking at watt rating. Real life performance in terms of loudness and sq. I am using kicker as referance since i have used them a lot.

Hope everyone could share their experience
Quote 0 0
generalneo
Can someone tell me how does ground zero compare to Kicker and AA.
Quote 0 0
warlord
Try power acoustik amps (bang for the buck), Install bay wiring kits speaker wire and blocks etc, Jensen audio amps, audiopipe wiring and cables, streetwire cables, alpine mids and subs, there are many more such as mb quart, pyle pro midrange and tweeeters and selenium pioneer mids,subs, tweeters...
Quote 0 0
generalneo
warlord wrote:
Try power acoustik amps (bang for the buck), Install bay wiring kits speaker wire and blocks etc, Jensen audio amps, audiopipe wiring and cables, streetwire cables, alpine mids and subs, there are many more such as mb quart, pyle pro midrange and tweeeters and selenium pioneer mids,subs, tweeters...


Hello warlord, couple of days ago i read throught your entire thread without taking a single break.... awesome and inspiring install.

By the way i have a business already and i am based in middle east. I have brands like power acoutik, kicker, focal, dls, jbl etc... what i really lack is a brand like sundown. They have awesome subs and amps. I also like dc and incriminator audio.

But i cant get all these brands as we are small plus the shipping charges will not be feasible. I like the suggestion of AA since they are awesome daily driver musical subs that can be loud and clear.

I can also get sound stream since pa and sound stream belongs to the same company.

i want to have a loud and sql sub better than kicker. My competitors are using RE, ciare, cadence, DD, etc...
Quote 0 0
generalneo
So please tell me whether i can be competitive product wise to the best amp and sub brands.
I know a lot depends on the install but thats another story
Quote 0 0
generalneo
So please tell me whether i can be competitive product wise to the best amp and sub brands.
I know a lot depends on the install but thats another story.
For example, i know with kicker alone i cant compete against DD and RE.
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy