dghexplorer
i need help with a round about proper size ported box. i have two older ma audio 10's they dont have any marking on the magnet besides 1000w i have a 1500w mono amp powering them i was thinking a box with the subs firing up and the port facing towards the hatch just dont know the cubic feet the subs prefer thanks in advanced
vechicle is a 1997 ford explorer sport
Quote 0 0
silverdew
So the old can find? I have never seen. may be you can find some new -slim sub
Quote 0 0
So_Lo_Saturn
Try 1.5 cubes a piece tuned to 35hz. Are the ma audio's dual voicecoil or single? Your amp should be fine.
Quote 0 0
dghexplorer
Yea they are dual voice coil and I have them wired two ohm. The premade box I have now is 2.85 cubes and that's not subtracting the port. What way should I have the port facing and what should the subs face?

[ 12-21-2011, 02:31 AM: Message edited by: dghexplorer ]
Quote 0 0
AudioStylz722
You could do the old CRX trick with the subs facing up and ports to the rear near the bottom of the box. Not quite sure if this would be a good idea seeing the type of sub you're using. Most of the time I see this design work well is with high end subs and 2000+ watts.
Quote 0 0
So_Lo_Saturn
Yeah the crx box should work subs up and ports to the back. If it doesn't you can always flip the box so the subs are facing the hatch and the ports are up. What kind of amp are you using? If it's a 2-channel amp you can run the subs voicecoils in series and parallel them to get 4 ohm mono. Or if it's a 1 ohm mono amp you can just parallel all the voicecoils.
Quote 0 0
dghexplorer
Its a visonik v800xd 1500 wat mono amp. Right now I have I have them wired in parellel.

[ 12-22-2011, 02:21 PM: Message edited by: dghexplorer ]
Quote 0 0
dghexplorer
Should the box be 1.5 cubes all together or 1.5 cubes for each sub
Quote 0 0
So_Lo_Saturn
1.5 cubes for each sub with a 4" x 16" or 3" x 8.25" port. Whichever port you choose just keep the diameter of the port from the wall. Say you use the 4" port so you would keep the end of the port 4" from the back wall.
Quote 0 0
dghexplorer
Ok cool thanks alot for all the help
Quote 0 0
AudioStylz722
Never been a huge fan of aero ports but the slot ports aren't as adjustable like the aero ports are. The biggest reason why I like slot ports is for the port area, easier to get over aero ports. Usually need several aero ports to get the right port area for the loudest bass possible.

There's really no difference between the 2, it's all personal preferance at this point.
Quote 0 0
So_Lo_Saturn
Quote:
Originally posted by AudioStylz722:
Never been a huge fan of aero ports but the slot ports aren't as adjustable like the aero ports are. The biggest reason why I like slot ports is for the port area, easier to get over aero ports. Usually need several aero ports to get the right port area for the loudest bass possible.

There's really no difference between the 2, it's all personal preferance at this point.
I know what you mean. Every box I build has a slot port but since he's a new guy I gave him round ports dimensions. If he wants slot port dimensions I can give them to him.
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy