bigdogluis
I will be entering a small competition this weekend, and need to build a box for a single Massive DMX 12", it has 4 1ohm VCs. My amplifier is a Crossfire 1400D @ 1ohm (1400watts).

The massive page says a box of 1.3cu/ft. with a port of 90 sq.in, X 19" Depth, but this is supposably tuned to 77hz. way to high IMO. My car is a Golf IV and its res. freq. is 52.

Should I go with the box Massive suggests or does anyone have any other suggestions, I will be making the box on Thursday, so I could put up some numbers by friday, since the compt. is on Sunday.

All suggestions are welcome, thanks in advance..
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
that's way to much port area for a 12" and that size box.
Box size sounds just fine to me. But I would suggest using a 6" round port, probably start around 25" long. you can always cut it down if necessary.
Quote 0 0
bigdogluis
Would that be a regular round port or flanged ?
By the way is there a big difference if it isnt flanged ?
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
a flared port can be 2-3dB louder than a regular port. so yeah, BIG difference.
I would definitely suggest going with a 6" Flared port, aeroport, precision port, whatever name you want to call it. Something with bellcurved ends.

Most only come with a length to make about 17". maybe buy two and have a couple spare ends, or sometimes you can buy one, and an extra tube and flange rings
Quote 0 0
bigdogluis
Thanks for your help D-Bass, quick question do both ends have to be flared?, and also should the port be flush inside or can it go into the box a certain depth?

This is my first time working flared ports so I appreciate your understanding and excuse my ignorance.
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
no, and yes
Quote 0 0
ssluke
also resining the box will make a significant differance
Quote 0 0
caraudioinstaler38305
how much diffrence would you expect to see by resining a box?
Quote 0 0
bigdogluis
Well just to,let you guys know box worked like a charm, hit 146.5 with a 2000watt DB Drive, I will resin and angle all corners and see the diff.

Thanks to all
Quote 0 0
ssluke
i would say atleast a 1db gain with resin
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy