Wagonized
GOALS
-Groundpounder type build. Designed to play music and demo at shows while putting up numbers too
-Bassrace 157
-Streetbeat 160
-Burp 160

ELECTRICAL
(10-14) 16 volt batts---Kinetik or XS Power
Or
5-6 16 volt Batcap 8400s

POWER
One BIG amp. (AB 1100.1, CS 12k, SD 16k, Stetsom 14k2d or 14k2e, AQ20 etc)
Leaning towards AB or SD right now.

ENCLOSURE
Bandpass wall. Will be starting with a 4th order but also testing 6th order.

4th order-sealed chambers 2.5 cubes each for 18s or 3.0cf for 21s to start..will shrink sealed chambers from there
-ported chamber 40-50 cubic feet
Peak- 40-50hz but want to play below 30 hz

WOOFERS
~~~Looking for suggestions for 2 BIG woofers to handle the power and help me achieve my goals RELIABLY~~~

These are some of the woofers Im considering. Woofers that are on my short list are underlined but Im still open to suggestions of woofers on this list and others that are not listed.

Incriminator Audio warden neo 21s
Crossfire XS SPL v2 18
DC LVL 6 18s
DD z18
Fi N3 18
Fi SP4 18 (havent heard much about this one)
DC XL 18s
Fi N2 18
American Bass VFL 18s
Audioque HDC4 18
T3 TSNS 18
RD SHW 18

Thanks
Quote 0 0
mrclish
I am a American Bass man all the way. But I will tell you if you want something that can out perform every thing out there and will do any thing you will need, go to Ground Zero Subs and amps, Just subs and sub amps. Look them up.
Quote 0 0
SoundCustoms
mrclish wrote:
I am a American Bass man all the way. But I will tell you if you want something that can out perform every thing out there and will do any thing you will need, go to Ground Zero Subs and amps, Just subs and sub amps. Look them up.


This is a joke, right?

At leat 5 choices from wagonized's list are better. Waaaay better.

PS: They will do anything you need. Even s#*k your d*&k, just buy them!

Yeah, good joke.
Quote 0 0
Wagonized
SoundCustoms wrote:
This is a joke, right?

At leat 5 choices from wagonized's list are better. Waaaay better.

PS: They will do anything you need. Even s#*k your d*&k, just buy them!

Yeah, good joke.


ill agree ground zero is good gear. But for me I NEED to do my part to support manufacturers who support the sport. From what Ive seen GZ doesnt do so...atleast from what Ive seen. I do recall them being used much more heavily in europe.

Which GZ gear do you recommend mrclish?
Quote 0 0
Rusty...WCA
Tuned in to watch a monster build
Quote 0 0
tprj82
ima fi guy through and through, rusty does build quality moofers as well, but isnt this going to be a strain on any pair of woofers? why 2? ss1-2 class? if not the case I would spread the power out over 3 or 4 subs and increase reliability, but cant wait to see what you go with
Quote 0 0
SoundCustoms
Wagonized wrote:
ill agree ground zero is good gear. But for me I NEED to do my part to support manufacturers who support the sport. From what Ive seen GZ doesnt do so...atleast from what Ive seen. I do recall them being used much more heavily in europe.

Which GZ gear do you recommend mrclish?


I meant your choices where better then GZ, at least some of them.
Quote 0 0
dB Don
Wagonized wrote:
GOALS
-Groundpounder type build. Designed to play music and demo at shows while putting up numbers too
-Bassrace 157
-Streetbeat 160
-Burp 160

-This will require approx 4+ 15" or bigger subwoofers to do this reliably without to much stress on the system.

ELECTRICAL
(10-14) 16 volt batts---Kinetik or XS Power
Or
5-6 16 volt Batcap 8400s

-Either choice is ok but be careful doing the 16 volt daily make sure you use stepdowns if you do xs power. kinetic has that 12v post on theirs though, I have never used kinetic s I cant comment on thier abilities.


POWER
One BIG amp. (AB 1100.1, CS 12k, SD 16k, Stetsom 14k2d or 14k2e, AQ20 etc)
Leaning towards AB or SD right now.

-Go with whichever company has the best track record with reliability and customer service. Either choice is fine but for daily I recommend one amp per sub and just do multiples of the smaller efficient ones like multiple 500.1's or SD 5k's if you loose an amp during demo's is not so bad as few amps and one dying out on ya.

ENCLOSURE
Bandpass wall. Will be starting with a 4th order but also testing 6th order.

4th order-sealed chambers 2.5 cubes each for 18s or 3.0cf for 21s to start..will shrink sealed chambers from there
-ported chamber 40-50 cubic feet
Peak- 40-50hz but want to play below 30 hz

-Main ported side as large as possible with sealed subwoofers at a Fc of 1.0 to start then you can move down in enclosure size from there for testing.

WOOFERS
~~~Looking for suggestions for 2 BIG woofers to handle the power and help me achieve my goals RELIABLY~~~

These are some of the woofers Im considering. Woofers that are on my short list are underlined but Im still open to suggestions of woofers on this list and others that are not listed.

Incriminator Audio warden neo 21s
Crossfire XS SPL v2 18
DC LVL 6 18s
DD z18
Fi N3 18
Fi SP4 18 (havent heard much about this one)
DC XL 18s
Fi N2 18
American Bass VFL 18s
Audioque HDC4 18
T3 TSNS 18
RD SHW 18

Same as the amplifier recommendation, go with the company with the proven support and service. You definitely should consider first the subwoofers which feature the 4" coils on the 10" spiders. The parts have evolved to the point where the 4" coiled subwoofers are now better than their 3" with 8" spidered counterparts. Look for cooling on both sides of the coil so that air can get in there and push out the heat. Chances are if you can SEE both ends of the coil it should cool decent enough for long term power applications without distortion.

Thanks



I Hope that helps
Quote 0 0
HACKMUNCH
tc 5400 lms ultra 18
Quote 0 0
Wagonized
tprj82 wrote:
ima fi guy through and through, rusty does build quality moofers as well, but isnt this going to be a strain on any pair of woofers? why 2? ss1-2 class? if not the case I would spread the power out over 3 or 4 subs and increase reliability, but cant wait to see what you go with

Not building for ss1-2 but more so trying to get the most I can out of as little gear as possible.

For instance....2 woofers, 1 sub amp, 1 mids and highs amp, 1 alt, 4 batts (if I run multicells), 2 supertweeters, 2 mids

etc

Plus it lets me keep the build a little cheaper. Ive been chipping away at this build for a few years now and money is the main thing that has been holding me back. I figure if I plan to build a bit more basic of setup then I can atleast have it playing for a season or two so I can have some fun with it. If Im unhappy with the design, then Ill go a different direction but atleast Ill have something to bring to shows and have fun with.

dB Don wrote:
I Hope that helps



Excellent..thanks a lot Don that helps quite a bit. Along the same lines as I was thinking except your point of view when it comes to amps...that makes a lot more sense though. Plus smaller amps would be easier to sell at the end.

Thanks again
Quote 0 0
odog
looks like all of your choices are pretty good go with the company with the best cs.
Quote 0 0
mrclish
If you really want to go big with GZ than you want the GZPW 18SPL Extreme. 10000 watt spl power sub. Yes GZ is much bigger in a few other country's and is better known for more quality here. They go great with German Maestro setups. you would also want to add the GZPA 1.10000SPL-HC or around that amp to power it. Personly I like to use smaller subs instead of 1 large one. In the end you will have more cone space and can power them easier. Like 2 og the GZ GZPW 12SPL. same series sub's. but 2 12's = 24 inches of cone space so should = more spl. 1 amp per sub will be clear and hi spl. That is what i would do, well that is what I am doing in my Hummer H2 right now. i am redesigning it right now with all new GZ and German.
Quote 0 0
annarbor84
SP Audio is now available in the states, and looks very very promising. Their subs are ridiculous, and their amps seem like powerhouses. I used to run Warden's and they were all right. Definitely a little over hyped in my opinion, but I got some decent scores out of them. But if I were to go with big subs again it would be these 115lb monsters....

Here's a couple videos and their website.

http://www.spaudio.it/





Quote 0 0
Team DD Belgium - Dieter
mrclish wrote:
If you really want to go big with GZ than you want the GZPW 18SPL Extreme. 10000 watt spl power sub. Yes GZ is much bigger in a few other country's and is better known for more quality here. They go great with German Maestro setups. you would also want to add the GZPA 1.10000SPL-HC or around that amp to power it. Personly I like to use smaller subs instead of 1 large one. In the end you will have more cone space and can power them easier. Like 2 og the GZ GZPW 12SPL. same series sub's. but 2 12's = 24 inches of cone space so should = more spl. 1 amp per sub will be clear and hi spl. That is what i would do, well that is what I am doing in my Hummer H2 right now. i am redesigning it right now with all new GZ and German.


You should get your facts (and math) straight:

* 1 x 18" sub = 255square inch of surface and 2 x 12" = 226square inch of surface (the difference is even bigger if you subtract the surface of the surround)
* The 12" GZPW SPL has a smaller motor and 3" coil against the 18" with bigger motor and 4" coil...
Quote 0 0
HawaiianBassHead
I would consider what I can get recones for in a timely fashion.

if I can get recones for as long as I have the subs

will they be too heavy to want to remove to recone or will I get backup for that LOL. really for me, I'd have alot of different reasons but ultimately for a ground pounder speed of getting and doing recones would be my 2 main concerns
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy