Ricardo Espinoza

Hi, I have a couple of concerns.

the super sensor can serve with spl sensor ? 

What bandwidth can the super sensor measure?

Quote 0 0
Wayne Harris
The "Super Sensor" (sometimes called "SensorX") has been shipping with all Term-LAB Magnum and Rebel Edition systems for about a year now.

The Super Sensor includes the exact same hardware as the original digital sensor. Therefore, when making high-spl, low frequency measurements in any of the SPL JUDGING MODES (the top 3 rows such as "SPL", "dB Drag Racing", "Bass Race", etc.) the measurements between the original sensor and the Super Sensor will be identical.

The Super Sensor includes additional circuitry that also allows it to be used with any of the RTA JUDGING Modes (the lower 2 judging rows such as "Pancadao". One of the big differences between the SPL judging modes and the RTA judging modes is acquisition speed (how fast measurements are made) and bandwidth (frequency response.)

SPL measurements take place with a very slow acquisition speed (typically once per second). This is necessary to provide the extremely high frequency resolution (1 Hz) at low frequencies.

RTA measurements take place with a very fast acquisition speed. This allows the system to measure high frequencies. The trade-off is frequency resolution. The RTA measurements resolve to 1/3 of an octave.

The Super Sensor has a bandwidth of 10Hz - 3000Hz. The minimum SPL in RTA mode is 120 dB and the maximum SPL is 190+ dB.

How do I know if I have a Super Sensor?
The status line (bottom of the Term-LAB screen) will say "SensorX". That tells you the sensor is a Super Sensor.
Keep it Loud! Make me Proud!
[1396a0]
Quote 0 0
Ricardo Espinoza
thanks for your answer Wayne, in fact I have a super sensor ... is there any way to measure up to 20,000 Hz?
Quote 0 0
Jereme Creamer
The RTA sensor measures that high.

thanks for your answer Wayne, in fact I have a super sensor ... is there any way to measure up to 20,000 Hz?
Quote 1 0
Jereme Creamer
https://shop.termpro.com/products/term-lab-rta-microphone
Quote 0 0
Wayne Harris

Jereme is correct. If you want to measure full-bandwidth sound you will need to use either the Term-LAB RTA mic or an XLR microphone. The Term-LAB RTA mic uses "MEMS" technology. It has a flat response and is very durable. It does not require calibration. The maximum SPL for the Term-LAB RTA mic is around 130 dB. XLR mics will work with the Magnum but should not be used for "absolute" SPL measurements unless you have a mic calibrator. 
[1396a0]
Quote 0 0
Ricardo Espinoza
thanks for your answers, now I wonder if the RTA sensor for magnum is different from the super sensor or is it the same?
Quote 0 0
Wayne Harris
The "RTA Microphone" has a decal on the top that says "RTA". And, another decal is on the bottom (between the suction cups).
[1396a0]
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy