gsaqua
What causes foam surrounds to blow out.
Box is 2 cubes, 9.5" port tuned to 56 burping at 60

Quote 0 0
Exile son of Exodus
this is no help but what kind of subs are those?
Quote 0 0
DEVINCHY
Hey there George
We use to have the same problem in Lissy's 5+ and I found it to be uneven loading in the box causing pressure to go to one area
Well thats what we found
Quote 0 0
Thorshammer
Quote:
Originally posted by DEVINCHY:
Hey there George
We use to have the same problem in Lissy's 5+ and I found it to be uneven loading in the box causing pressure to go to one area
Well thats what we found
x2 That and over excursion have been the bane of my existence. lol
Quote 0 0
gsaqua
It's happent twice now both time when I move the box and half the sub is behind the seat I burped 6 times with the sub behind the seat but as soon as I moved the box over 6" this happens, with the new 30" rule the back of the seat is 7" from the sub so could it be a loading issue of the seat?
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
too much pressure in front of the cone it sounds like
Quote 0 0
pimpin at my house
it's from pressure, i have done this before.
Quote 0 0
stany
Pm sended gsaqua
[stanystats]
Quote 0 0
murilo
Ahhh, the lovely 30" rule.
Quote 0 0
tekk45
Are both seats locked in the upright position? If not I would have to believe its a pressure issue being caused by uneven loading and/or phase issues. This is also caused by overexcursion due to weak or worn out suspension.
A torn surround can be repaired with Honda bond, available at any Honda dealer, so you can keep testing without reconing till you figure out the problem. If you repair the surround make sure you apply Hondabaond to BOTH sides of the surround for durability. I have done this repair many times, at one point I was getting 1-5 burps before the surround ripped.
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy