adassa audio
Does the new termlab sensor with the bigger hole read differently from the old term lab sensor with the small hole? I was doing some testing today with both sensors and found that the sensor with the smaller hole takes a louder reading than the one with the bigger hole even though the voltage is the same and the mic is positioned in exactly the same place.
Quote 0 0
canadian no-wall
how much difference? i have the one with the big hole
Quote 0 0
adassa audio
Quote:
Originally posted by canadian no-wall:
how much difference? i have the one with the big hole
The the big hole sensor did a 158db the smaller hole sensor did a 158.7
Quote 0 0
.
your k factory might be different on the 2, but you probably didn't change it in the program. As far as I know the 2 hole sizes are the same until roughly 175, where the one with the 1/2" hole becomes more accurate
Quote 0 0
adassa audio
Quote:
Originally posted by .:
your k factory might be different on the 2, but you probably didn't change it in the program. As far as I know the 2 hole sizes are the same until roughly 175, where the one with the 1/2" hole becomes more accurate
Hi both the mics have the same k factory on them k:177.9
Quote 0 0
.
well one of the mics is wrong then. try borrowing a mic from a friend with the same k factor and compare with the 2 you have to see which one is off
Quote 0 0
adassa audio
Quote:
Originally posted by .:
well one of the mics is wrong then. try borrowing a mic from a friend with the same k factor and compare with the 2 you have to see which one is off
So what mic do i test with
Quote 0 0
.
Test with a friends mic that has the same k factor first, then try one of your mics, and then try the other one of your mics. Which ever one reads the same score as your friends will be the one that isnt faulty.
Quote 0 0
Wagonized
the better one to test with is always the sensor with the bigger hole. Unless the sensor itself is damaged. It probably wont make any difference as far as the size of the hole goes until well over 170 (according to the twins) but its still good to use the exact same sensor as everyone else.

Its always good to test on the stiffest sensor you can find. That way when it comes time to burp in the lanes you know ur gunna be atleast where ur score was.

My personal sensor is 0.2 down from 6 of the 7 other sensors ive ever been on. The 7th was 0.3 above mine. So I know that just from going from the pit to the lanes ill get a nice gain everytime
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy