ben jamin
Recently I reconed my 18” dc level 5s with extrs stiffs and dual .7s they had been dual 2s my box rise was 1and a half times so as to say that starting at 1ohm it raised to 2.5 ohms and now its starting at .33 and rises to .81 ok so I have two vfl 500.1 amps and my burp freg is 46hz I am looking for some ideas as to why I cant get full use of the power that I have. I can see 4500 wrms per amp clean almost no clipping with a clamp test (no speakers wired up) but when I wire up the subs and test I start loosing score at 3700 wrms. One very good competitor I spoke with today suggested that my subs are probably loosing control at 46hz and I figure he is right. Would anyone else here have some ideas that I could look at for why my scores drop before I reach the clean limits of the amps?
For those of you that don’t know me I am kinda new to this and I am trying to learn a little more. Thanks Ben
Quote 0 0
Wagonized
can you post some pics of your setup?

And what make and model of vehicle?
Quote 0 0
Team Psycho Broken
sounds like a sub issue. We used the same subs last year in no wall also and we were still gaining score at over 12k per sub. We arent that from you freq wise either at 50hz.
Quote 0 0
HACKMUNCH
so your running 2 500.1 at .81ohm strapped? how are the subs wired, and how many?sounds like a phase problem to me.
Quote 0 0
bland1
What's your score on the tl, and what kind of setup? If this is happening at 140's, the answer will be different than if you are at 150 or 160
Quote 0 0
ben jamin
Wagonized wrote:
can you post some pics of your setup?

And what make and model of vehicle?

this is the box type 16 cube about 360 sq in port port length is 5" so the box is tuned to 46hz now

i have a new front to the box that has the subs closer together and less port length which took my tuning up to 55hz but that lost 1db
1992 ford econoline
Quote 0 0
ben jamin
HACKMUNCH wrote:
so your running 2 500.1 at .81ohm strapped? how are the subs wired, and how many?sounds like a phase problem to me.

Two vfl 500.1s not strapped on 14 volts each sub is at .33 ohm
Quote 0 0
ben jamin
bland1 wrote:
What's your score on the tl, and what kind of setup? If this is happening at 140's, the answer will be different than if you are at 150 or 160

155.6 or.7 on average on the windshield and a also at the headrest.
Quote 0 0
HACKMUNCH
ahhhh, i have seen this van before. still sounds like a phasing issue to me.
Quote 0 0
Team Psycho Broken
unstrap the amps so you can adjust the power and phase of each sub individually... we saw a decent gain in doing this. The sub near the port reacts differently and needs to be tuned different than the mic side sub..... aso your enclosure is tuned right around 54 with those box specs.... have you tested to see what the resonant freq is in the van?
Quote 0 0
ben jamin
Team Psycho Broken wrote:
unstrap the amps so you can adjust the power and phase of each sub individually... we saw a decent gain in doing this. The sub near the port reacts differently and needs to be tuned different than the mic side sub..... aso your enclosure is tuned right around 54 with those box specs.... have you tested to see what the resonant freq is in the van?

i tested resonant freq once and it was in the 50s but that was two years ago and some things have changed.
the amps are not strapped and there is a difference in power and imp rise from sub to sub.
Quote 0 0
ben jamin
tested again this weekend with a different loading wall and a different port and a change in box volume. did a 156.29 on about 8k of power box tuned to 55hz and the best score came at 51hz.
loading walls did not help. but i was able to use more of the power available before the score started to drop.
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy