NotoriouslyLoud Show full post »
Broken Silence - Johnny
Agreed jay, any vehicle can work, if you have the time to make it do so. The astro is not the greatest place to start, but you can make it work if you absolutely have to. For 3-4 the astro is one of the best vehicles out there (as proven by david baldwin, repeatedly)
Quote 0 0
NotoriouslyLoud
thanks guys, i will being running street max 1-2 then, and just hope that i can get this beast loud! First year competing at the national level hope all goes well, see ya in the lanes!
Quote 0 0
winslow
Is it the cabin shape/volume that makes the Caravan better for 1-2 vs the Astro?

I enjoy learning about the crazy SPL stuff...might help me get an extra dB for my SQ testing.
Quote 0 0
BigDave
An astro is a great vehicle for almost any class. They can get really loud in a 1-2 setup you just have to know what you have. You have to understand that the amount of room for an enclosure in an astro is really big. Options are unlimited as far as enclosure goes. I think you have a great starting point and I wish you luck. See you in the lanes!!!
Quote 0 0
NotoriouslyLoud
Does anybody know of any good shops in the iowa area, i would like to hook up with a shop for this project so that i can get any help needed? I know this is kind of off topic but seeing as that you guys would more then likely know some one that knows what street max is about. All the shops here in des moines really dont have any clue as to what db drag racing is or really dont even care about what we do. I already know that im going to run into problems, i just want to be prepared when it happens thanks again guys, this kind of help is why people get into db drag and stay
Quote 0 0
BigDave
The only thing I can think of that might help is Alan Laake is in Iowa. He is the current SS 1-2 NW World Champion. I dont know where he is in Iowa but he might be able to help or at least point you in the right direction.
Quote 0 0
NotoriouslyLoud
i think i have seen him a shows but never had the chance to talk to him, maybe he will see this post and chime in lol
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy