Derrick824 Show full post »
JT Money XX9.9
Quote:
Originally posted by Derrick824:
I don't think limiting power wire will do anything since they're clamping power now. 2,000 watts is 2,000 watts whether it's through one run of wire or sixteen.
I agree. That was talked about and done at the end of the year but I don't think it's in the rules yet. I did not hear much about finals, was it done at finals? In Brazil? or Germany? Sigma?
Quote 0 0
AudioXtremes
I don't think the clamp thing went through.

I think leaving it upclamped promotes amp sales and competition. If your gonna clamp power then why have an amp size limit?
Quote 0 0
AudioRoach
I like the division of AMA and PRO for street stock.
To be fair to 1X events have it grouped together (kinda like EXTREME is now) with a break down at multi-point events.

Other Ideas:

- I also support the idea of 1 run of 1/0 wire (power and ground each) max in the class. Trying to keep it simple and easily to understand.

- I would also like to see a fuse holder mounted within 18" of the battery (nuff said)

- no podiums or external radios (like bass race)- Keep it simple please.

thats all for now.
Quote 0 0
rbdbdrag
Yeah,i thought about trying street stock,might be the fun class that i remember in the good ole days,now u all be nice now,
Quote 0 0
rbdbdrag
Quote:
Originally posted by AudioRoach:
I like the division of AMA and PRO for street stock.
To be fair to 1X events have it grouped together (kinda like EXTREME is now) with a break down at multi-point events.

Other Ideas:

- I also support the idea of 1 run of 1/0 wire (power and ground each) max in the class. Trying to keep it simple and easily to understand.

- I would also like to see a fuse holder mounted within 18" of the battery (nuff said)

- no podiums or external radios (like bass race)- Keep it simple please.

thats all for now.
there are no fuses in dbrag,thats a meca thing that kept me from running meca after 2004.but if some want to run fuses in drag for safty thats fine but not as a rule, some
Quote 0 0
AudioXtremes
Rodney crx's aren't allowed and I've never seen you without that red thing. But it's always good to see you.
Quote 0 0
rbdbdrag
Quote:
Originally posted by AudioXtremes:
Rodney crx's aren't allowed and I've never seen you without that red thing. But it's always good to see you.
then u dont remember the gold 4 door honda accord we had till we got the crx,i also have a 90 and 93 accord,
Quote 0 0
The Repo Man
Quote:
Originally posted by rbdbdrag:
Quote:
quote:
then u dont remember the gold 4 door honda accord we had till we got the crx,i also have a 90 and 93 accord,
I remember the gold 4 door Honda, you guys use to bring it down to the shows at Robs Audio Concepts. Good times.
Quote 0 0
rbdbdrag
Quote:
Originally posted by The Repo Man:
Quote:
quote:
Quote:
quote:
I remember the gold 4 door Honda, you guys use to bring it down to the shows at Robs Audio Concepts. Good times.
yep.drove to that comp 1 time ea month for 5 yrs,do u remember the black 89 accord i had before that,rob ran whitlee shows at that time,the 89 got totaled in 2001,then i got the gold 87,its 130 miles to that comp.
Quote 0 0
The Repo Man
Quote:
Quote:
quote:
Originally posted by The Repo Man:
Quote:
quote:
Quote:
quote:
yep.drove to that comp 1 time ea month for 5 yrs,do u remember the black 89 accord i had before that,rob ran whitlee shows at that time,the 89 got totaled in 2001,then i got the gold 87
Dont recall that car, we started going to Robs after Jam Zone another local shop stopped hosting Db drag shows, also went to a few at stereo indash in Dayton.
Quote 0 0
rbdbdrag
yeah some fridays stereo in dash were putting on shows as robs,but robs was always more fun,so we went to robs,
Quote 0 0
nick probst
Quote:
I don't think the clamp thing went through.

I think leaving it upclamped promotes amp sales and competition. If your gonna clamp power then why have an amp size limit?
the clamping idea was poor just because how many new competitors have clamp meters to check their power output?

but if it was split into ama and pro i think clamping @ 2kw would be a great idea in pro.. You could have 36 batteries, 16v, and a 10kw amp... but you wouldn't have any advantage over someone with a 3kw amp and a single g31 battery...
Quote 0 0
rbdbdrag
thats good that the clamp idea isnt going to happen,because if i can get my amp the same one as yours to put out more power thats just an advantage a person will have,clamping is never a good thing,or fuses,thats what happened to meca,sure meca isstill up and running but the good ole days like 04 are all gone,
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy