JordyO
Ok... I got a "new to me" car a while ago. the people who were selling it posted up some signs inside using painters tape.

I guess it was there for a while because there is some residue from the adhesive. (now completely dry)

What is the best way of removing it without damaging the tint?

Would rubbing alcohol or Goo Gone be too harsh for the tint?

This isn't a factory tint job, it's definitely aftermarket film.
Quote 0 0
Exile son of Exodus
Soak it real good with windex keep it wet as long as possible then wipe with a microfiber cloth. You may have to do this a few times but it won't damage the tint.
Quote 0 0
Loudcav
dont use windex it has amonia in it and will damage the film honestly I always use a razer blade but I soak the glass in a soapy water solution if you are careful you wont damage anything I even use that method for 3M tape on paint
Quote 0 0
winslow
As a tinter, I would use some rubbing alcohol and paper towels to take stuff like that off.

Windex is a serious no-no.

Anything more abrasive than paper towels will scratch the tint.
Quote 0 0
Exile son of Exodus
Sorry Windex was not what I ment it was washer fluid. I have mine in a Windex bottle.
Quote 0 0
JordyO
So rubbing alcohol should be ok? ... interesting!

thanks guys!
Quote 0 0
did you get a x5 jordy?
Quote 0 0
murilo
Jordy got a CRX
Quote 0 0
Exile son of Exodus
^^ CRX??! NOOO...
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
would denatured alcohol be better?
Quote 0 0
JordyO
Quote:
Originally posted by .:
did you get a x5 jordy?
Nope... Jaguar
Quote 0 0
pimpin at my house
goo gone works good. do not use windex anything with amonia or simple green. it will turn the tint purple and take tint off.
Quote 0 0
Quote:
Originally posted by JordyO:
Quote:
quote:
Originally posted by .:
did you get a x5 jordy?
Nope... Jaguar
I hope its an XF!
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
We did a nice setup in a Jaguar XF last fall. Boston GT2300 amp and two Boston G3 subs. Sounds great as an addition to the factory Bower-Wilkins audio system.
Friday we will be swapping to the RF T1500-1bd amp. Should run cooler since everything is custom built in the spare tire well. we pulled out the spare and factory sub enclosure that were originally there.
500+ horsepower, NICE. good sound system, NICE. I love the powered rotating A/C vents in the car. I also like how the shifter knob pops up out of the console. I'd hate to get a repair bill for anything on that car though.
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy