Blake2002sa
I would like some help please with designing a T-line box for a pair of DD 1508 S4. It will be going into a Opel corsa (Vauxhall). I will be driving the subs with a SPL Dynamics S2000D at 2ohm.

I will be using 20mm Super wood.
Quote 0 0
Blake2002sa
I currently bass box 138.8DB 30sec on DB drag format and SPL 141.9DB. I just know that i can get more from the woofers.
Quote 0 0
ShadowStar
Why transmission line?

ShadowStar
Quote 0 0
Blake2002sa
Well a transmision line was just something i wanted to try. But im open to any ideas.
Quote 0 0
tekk45
For a starting point, a traditional T-line box tunes to the Fs of the woofer. I will assume your car doesn not peak at the same frequency so you will want to tune to the Fs of the car or build 2 boxes. One box tuned to the Fs of the woofer and one tuned to the Fs of the car. T-lines were based on 6" full range drivers so the math is for those drivers but works well for other sizes as well. To figure out line length simply divide the speed of sound in air in inches per second by the note you are tuning to. 13,560/note=total note wavelength. You than take the total note wavelength and divide it by 4, this is your quarter wavelength. The line length will be the 1/4 wavelength of the note you are tuning to. The original t-line port area was based on the diameter of the driver so the port area was 28.56" or essentially the same as a 6" port(per woofer). This style box works very well for 8's as I have built a few. One seperate port per woofer seemed to work best but that was for music, for SPL a common port might be louder(try both).The woofer is placed right at the beginning of the line and sees no airspace other than what is in the port or line. Make sure the port area remains constant all the way though the line and round over all the corners. The port should exit right next to the woofer so the rear wave exits as the woofer is moving out essentially coupling the wave.

Team Neo - Eric
Quote 0 0
john-hone
but in short a t-line sounds great but does not work well for spl.
Quote 0 0
Blake2002sa
The box is for every day system. Music 100%. I just want to get the most out of the subs as I know that they are very strong.
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy