Ronster
Hey all. I put an Alpine deck into a 2004 Toyota Prius the other day. I used a pac swi-jack to retain the steering wheel controls and followed their online instructions for the install. After I was done, the hvac controls would not show on the original touch display. The steering wheel controls still worked, but the display said check a/c connection.
Any ideas?
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
maybe you forgot to plug something in? or maybe that's just something that happens when you take out the stock radio
Quote 0 0
Ronster
The only thing I unplugged other than the radio was the switch to put the car in park.
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
try plugging the factory radio back in. If it goes away...then it's going through some chip in the factory radio, and you may have to relocate the factory radio to somewhere else in the car.

although i don't believe that to be the case.
I assume you do not have JBL?
Quote 0 0
Ronster
It is a JBL system. Apparently the kit I got was an old version of the Metra kit for the car. The newer version of the kit includes a resistor to put between two wires to keep the communication going for the a/c. My kit didn't have the resistor or even refer to it in the instructions that came with it. I talket to Metra, and problem is now solved.
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
I just opened up a TATO wiring interface for radio replacement in toyota. In the instructions it mentioned prius HVAC inop and adding a 68ohm resistor between two wires. I remembered this problem, and rushed to get online and provide the solution.
Looks like you got it figured out. Oh well. I tried.
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy