1loudyugo
ok for starters the yugo went to the scrap yard after the last show it went to.. i have a new spl wagon bening built.. im also playing with my daily driver and wanting to prove a point to a few select people so any help will be accepted. the amp an american bass 400.1 amp. and 2 american bass vfl 12's the car a 2012 chevy malibu.. has any one ever built one of these and can you help asap..thanks clyde
Quote 0 0
mhart
Mike Hutt might be able to help, he has an Impala that is very loud out of the trunk.
Quote 0 0
warlord
photos accepted, space available
Quote 0 0
1loudyugo
as soon as i get a free min here at work i will mesure and take pics. thanks warlord
Quote 0 0
HawaiianBassHead
what are you looking at doing numbers or ground pounder?

I've had some fun small trunk setups that could bump and hold their own for street bassing.

here's a single 9510F in about 3ft^3, iirc around 60in^2 port area tuned in the low 30s/high 20s forget, I build it for a 12"but really wanted to try the DD 10"out the day it came in so I rigged it up and sampled it off a phoenix gold xenon x600.1 (800ish rms)

http://s168.photobucket.com/albums/u175/hawaiianbasshead/?action=view¤t=2-19-07006.mp4

here's a TiPro 15" I crammed in there in 5 cubes tuned in the high 20s 28hz iirc, pair of xfire xp1400ds strapped 1.4ohms or 1ohm, powered by a pair of yellow tops I had where the spare tire used to be.

http://www.myspace.com/video/hawaiianbasshead/eclipse-tipro-15-quot-in-jetta/43653858

not sure if it'll show, I'm on my company laptop and the browser is different so my copy/paste urls and stuff is all different now
Quote 0 0
1loudyugo
well its a duel porpus build for points chasing thats why im using a 4 k amp.. on vfl 12's trunk opening is small but trunk is huge.. go figure.. the room i have for box and ability to get it in car would be like 14 high 34 wide and like 25-30 deep ..
Quote 0 0
HawaiianBassHead
how much can you get around the box at those sizes? if the seat folds down and will be down for metering or ground pounding?

if so, and even something to look into if not, front firing port and subs, with them pushed all the way to the rear or sealed off from the trunk.

adjustable tuning would maybe even be fun. maybe large aero port down the middle and change it out for straight burps to a shorter one? or 2 ports and close one for daily... lots to thing about. I remember everyone was using toggle clamps for a while to bolt subs and ports down lol

http://www.ebay.com/itm/5pcs-New-Hand-Tool-Toggle-Clamp-101A-/250863132891?pt=BI_Tool_Work_Holding&hash=item3a689ba0db

that was funny to see but it worked and was great for quick detaching a port or sub froma box...
Quote 0 0
LEO C.
Did you ever end up messing with this?! Any pics on said build?
Quote 0 0
boomin139
Is it louder to fire my subs forward or backward in my trunk? I got fold down seats.
Quote 0 0
1loudyugo
Yes I did build it out of 3/4 birch it rocked the hell out of the car. But was not loud at all on the meter at 42 htzs it did a 142 back to back the subs used need more power than a 400.1 at 4 ohm. And box is to small to run at .25 ohm. Lol. Its awesome to demo tho. ..
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy