150_cav
I have a 2004 chevy cavalier 2 door car. i compete in midwest spl and if you dont know, they have a trunk class. in the trunk class everything must remain in the trunk cargo area (amp, sub, port, box) or at least the seats be able to fold up and latch with everything inside safely. in the past couple months i've had 4 different boxes in my car, ranging from 2 12's to 4 15's. in the trunk class you are limited to 2000 watts, and thats metered power not rated power. but the most i ever officially got with 2k was a 49.3ish, but unofficially i got over a 50 once.

either way my car has started to fall apart and so at finals (when it all counts0 i got like a 47.8 or something terrible.

anyways does anybody have any ideas on how to help get a better box or structural ideas or any ideas on what might help my score
Quote 0 0
AQIntrepid
Hmmmm..... I bet if you went with a Dodge Intrepid and some AQ subs you could kill that 150! lol

Sorry man couldn't resist.

Tested a front firing setup yet?
Quote 0 0
150_cav
lol wow, ya i have and it is more efficient but i cant get the cone surface area i need to make it worth it, if i could cut the rear deck a bit i could fit 2 maybe 3 15's but as it is just 2 12's and on a 1000 i got the same number as i get with 2 15's in the trunk, and to be honest i want to make it work firing in the back
Quote 0 0
Loudcav
try 2 15s forward fireing then do a drivers side side fireing port
Quote 0 0
AQIntrepid
If you don't have the room for 2 15s firing forward then maybe try 1 15 firing forward with a really large box to maximize efficiency In an install where you are limited on power it becomes ALL about efficiency and NOT all about cone area. If you want to go with more subs then you might want to consider subwoofers that don't require as much power to reach their peak. Otherwise you are just wasting motor strength and money.

I know cavaliers are supposed to be just as loud in trunk vs firing forward but I have no experience with them.
Quote 0 0
cablguy
4 kicker L7 (dual 2s) 12s tuned to 57 htz and 2 Linear Power 8002sw amps running at 14.4 volts ... most won't agree with me but I bet it works ...

[ 11-29-2009, 01:53 PM: Message edited by: cablguy ]
Quote 0 0
Loudcav
Quote:
Originally posted by cablguy:
4 kicker L7 (dual 2s) 12s tuned to 57 htz and 2 Linear Power 8002sw amps running at 14.4 volts ... most won't agree with me but I bet it works ...
thats tuned way too high I tried the tune high idea in my 05 and it still burped at 43hz subs forward decided I was done with SPL and went with a daily friendly box and picked up a couple DBs
Quote 0 0
cablguy
thats cool ... just trying to help thats all ... all i've got is a pair of 10s tuned to 20 hz .. given cabin tuning i can hit 140 db at 28 hz !! very aggressive ... this system is strictly for sound quality though ... i just got lucky ...
Quote 0 0
Nightshade
PM Mr Sears 1 15" sub from hell here on the forum. He is my team captain and also has a ton of experience with a Cavalier. He was able to get his to do a 153 officially on the dash sealed at 43hz with the seats up!!! However in the organization that we compete in, NSPL, you can cut the rear deck some. I believe he had something like a 10" X 14" hole cut in the rear deck, but he gained over a db with the seat down which was illegal at the time in NSPL. All trunk scores had to be done with the seat up and is why the decks were allowed to be cut out some. Anyway he had a pair of Memphis Mojo quad coil 15's and a pair of Stetsom 7kd's that did no where near rated power running off of 2 NSB 90's all in the trunk.

He is bringing the car back out this year and I'm sure you guys will see some 154 on the dash scores this year from him in NSPL off of very little power. Oh yeah, wait till you see it done with the seat up too
Quote 0 0
A911MASTER1
i have a cavalier peaks at 43hz but i did 147.5 with a single dd2512 with about 1000 watts sub firing backwards about 5 inches away from the rear of the trunk and side firing port towards the driver side about 5 inches away from the side. it worked for me
Quote 0 0
crabmustang
We`ve tried 2 12"`s, 1 15", and many boxes and single 15" was loudest to date, Box firing forward and sealed off was the best spl so far, I think 2 10`s might actually have been a gain but can`t say for sure as we never tried.

Hope this helps you.

Garett
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy