db xTc
What do you think would be better for a street type build using only two batteries and stock alternator?

Trying to decide between two strapped AB 500.1 or one AB 1100.1 to run a pair of subs.

I already have one 500.1, trying to decide if I should get another or sell it and go with the 1100.1. The main reason I am leaning towards the 5K for better fitment in the trunk.

Any thoughts or suggestions welcomed.
Quote 0 0
jaychocolate
I am pretty sure Loud Tercell will be able to take care of you & give you the suggestions needed.

Still I would prefer running amps unstrapped for music.
Quote 0 0
bland1
I'm on the same train of thought for next season. Not sure which route to take. The pair of 5k's will be much more manageable. The 1100's are huge.
Quote 0 0
Jwb_Spl
I would go with 1 1100.1 due to the fact they are more efficient then the 500.1. I know the 1100.1s are huge but you just gotta get creative to find a spot to put it. The 1100.1 isn't as picky as the 500.1 when it comes to the protection. If you need pricing you can pm me or loud tercell.

Dave an 1100.1 fits prefect in the tray of a crx
Quote 0 0
db xTc
I have a trunk car, so it limits my options of placement. I think the 5K's will fit in the tire well.

Is there really much difference in efficiency? Which would offer more power?

I spoke to Bob today, he is going to partner with one of his techs on my build for advice also.

I will have 1 XS D5100 and 1 XS D3100 with a 70a alternator to power them for burps. Not ideal, but class limits to two batteries. I can upgrade the alt, but doubt I will.

Thanks again.
Quote 0 0
Tinted

better amp in number of aspects.
Quote 0 0
Jwb_Spl
There is a a very noticable difference in efficiency. For example in street a (one 650 cu in battery) with a 1000.1 (2 500.1 in one case)the most power i have heard anyone getting is around 6k. I have tested an 1100.1 with a street a setup and you can get over 7k. The main problem with the 500.1s are they have a very picky protection so you can wire them as low. The 1100.1 we wired at .25ohm and rose to .8ohm and we got a little over 7k dropping to 10-10.3 volts car off.
Quote 0 0
db xTc
Damn. Really not what I wanted to hear, but will evaluate my options. Currently getting around 4700W with the D5100 and car running, voltage dropping into mid/high 11V.
Quote 0 0
db xTc
Jwb. PM check your PM
Quote 0 0
bland1
The 5k's I'm thinking about are the new style ones. Sundowwn 4.5k and the crescendo bc5500. I think the dc5k also uses this new design. Quite a bit different from the old ab5k.
Quote 0 0
Thorshammer
The 1 11oo.1 will out perform 2 5k's. Have tested it many times and always the same result.
Quote 0 0
AudioAnonymous
I was told by a few top ranked competitors and company owners that 2 5kWs will put out more power than 1 of the 9-11kw amps. I guess it's all install dependent?
Quote 0 0
db xTc
I decided to go with the 1100.1

Thanks for the support
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy