gentlejax
Can't fine any user info and the one person I did had all kinds of issues withe ones he had ranging from not working right out of box to internal boards coming loose repeatedly and finally giving up

I am looking at the 4 channel and was curious if the amp was any good or a turd
Quote 0 0
mjs123
The VLX series was actually one of the toughest on the market. while I never had the 4-channel, I bought a VLX-200 in 1995 and it still works to this day. I sold it to a friend, and he got two more. we will be using them in a build in the spring...
Quote 0 0
thanosdbfan
Ι believe that gentelejax is talking about the new generation VLX...
Quote 0 0
mjs123
I was wondering that after I posted. I have no experience with those, but hearing Dirk Ecker designed them, and, if so, they may just be fine. Many of the newer lines of U.S. Amps I have not liked, but Ecker was one of the originals that was with U.S. Amps way back when, when they were a REALLY serious amp-building manufacturer. Hopefully he did, it may help bring the line back up near the quality of the older stuff...
Quote 0 0
thanosdbfan
I also wish this would happen...I have 1 2000X one 600X and one TU600 in my daily car since 2001 and i love them still...
Quote 0 0
Iggster
VLX Series were MEAN amps!!!
Quote 0 0
So_Lo_Saturn
Quote:
Originally posted by Iggster:
VLX Series were MEAN amps!!!
I havent tried the newer stuff. I never ran the VLX but I have a VL-100 and loved it. In college I ran the amp on a power supply ran 19 volts before the protection kicked in my teacher was impressed. I also had 3 10" MTX blue thunder in a MTX box I got from circuit city and got the subs to smoke wonderful old school amp.
Quote 0 0
mjs123
You guys will like these then!
...and another pic
Quote 0 0
So_Lo_Saturn
That's a nice collection you got there mjs123. I owned a purple USA-50 with the green board and still have a black VL-100. The USA-50 is a strong amp I ran 8 12" Rockford-Fosgate punch's and impressed my friends with that setup. I know it underpowered but most of my friends never heard of us amps and doubted there power.
Quote 0 0
mjs123
They actually aren't mine. The purple on was, but now my buddy owns all three, and they will be going in an Astro in the spring...
Quote 0 0
thanosdbfan
You should send this pic to US AMPS headquarters....
Maybe they will be motivated to build some new beasts....
Quote 0 0
demona
Not sure what the heck your problem is but this is your last warning. ENOUGH

[ 12-30-2011, 12:36 PM: Message edited by: Iggster ]
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy