scoupen
Wayne, can you please verify whether these can be used or not? All I have seen in searches for this is hearsay, ie. so and so says Wayne says we can't, etc.

I see nothing in the rules that says the vehicle has to be street legal or registered in order to compete, therefore I see no reason why they couldn't be used in the US. Just looking for an OFFICIAL ruling from Wayne.
Quote 0 0
team carmania patrick
Quote:
Originally posted by scoupen:
Wayne, can you please verify whether these can be used or not? All I have seen in searches for this is hearsay, ie. so and so says Wayne says we can't, etc.

I see nothing in the rules that says the vehicle has to be street legal or registered in order to compete, therefore I see no reason why they couldn't be used in the US. Just looking for an OFFICIAL ruling from Wayne.
like the ruls says street so the car must be for street use so the vehicle has to be street legal and registered
Quote 0 0
Team DD Belgium - Dieter
Quote:
Originally posted by team carmania patrick:
Quote:
quote:

like the ruls says street so the car must be for street use so the vehicle has to be street legal and registered
It is nowhere written in the rules that a dB-drag competition car has to be registered and/or street legal.
The last year of my street a competition, my Panda was not registered, because it had to much rust to pass technical inspection.
Quote 0 0
Iceman91
I was going to buy a Marbella for my ssnw set car & was told I would be asked for registration & insurance @ finals becuase the vehicle is not drivable in the USA. This is another reason I think drag is falling fast. There should be either a ban on these vehicles or let us use them.
Quote 0 0
team carmania patrick
Quote:
Originally posted by Iceman91:
I was going to buy a Marbella for my ssnw set car & was told I would be asked for registration & insurance @ finals becuase the vehicle is not drivable in the USA. This is another reason I think drag is falling fast. There should be either a ban on these vehicles or let us use them.
thare we go again ban on these vehicles this is the reason why db drag is falling that fast al the bul**** rusl that change
each year It is expensive for the people thats why there will be no new people at db drag and not the panda,s and marbella,s
Quote 0 0
Team Psycho Broken
Quote:
Quote:
quote:
thare we go again ban on these vehicles this is the reason why db drag is falling that fast al the bul**** rusl that change
each year It is expensive for the people thats why there will be no new people at db drag and not the panda,s and marbella,s
We were in the same boat. Had a chance to acquire 2 different bellas this year and couldnt get a straight answer about this. My feel is that if everyone isnt allowed to use this vehicle then nobody should be allowed to use it. If anyone is allowed to run the car then I dont consider it an advantage because anyone can use it and be competitive. However, if the U.S. competitors are not allowed to use them because of a completely stupid rule about registration and insurance then I feel no one should be allowed to use them..... on a side note I dont think that the extreme class vehicles are registered and insured? So im thinking that you dont have reg/insurance for cars but we couldnt get a straight answer so we passed on 2 of them and we are going to continue on our quest to get a 165+ in ssnw out of our 03 explorer
Quote 0 0
team carmania patrick
Quote:
Originally posted by Team Psycho Broken:
Quote:
quote:
Quote:
quote:
We were in the same boat. Had a chance to acquire 2 different bellas this year and couldnt get a straight answer about this. My feel is that if everyone isnt allowed to use this vehicle then nobody should be allowed to use it. If anyone is allowed to run the car then I dont consider it an advantage because anyone can use it and be competitive. However, if the U.S. competitors are not allowed to use them because of a completely stupid rule about registration and insurance then I feel no one should be allowed to use them..... on a side note I dont think that the extreme class vehicles are registered and insured? So im thinking that you dont have reg/insurance for cars but we couldnt get a straight answer so we passed on 2 of them and we are going to continue on our quest to get a 165+ in ssnw out of our 03 explorer
you now thats bul becose we can not youse a crx whit out a back seat so we have panda,s/marbella,s an you crx when you whand a ban ban al cars better stop db drag sins euro has panda,s and bella,s you are complaining when you People say ban panda and bella i say ban the crx better ban al loud cars
Quote 0 0
Team Psycho Broken
Quote:
Quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Team Psycho Broken:
Quote:
quote:
Quote:
quote:
you now thats bul becose we can not youse a crx whit out a back seat so we have panda,s/marbella,s an you crx when you whand a ban ban al cars better stop db drag sins euro has panda,s and bella,s you are complaining when you People say ban panda and bella i say ban the crx better ban al loud cars
are you kidding me? pay the 5 grand plus the cost of the vehicle and you can get a rex from the U.S. shipped to you and you will be able to use it. Wbe have bellas here in the US but if wayne requires them to be registered it is impossible to use them here. Its not an issue to get one t0 use its a problem because it is impossible to register them here. Im sure you can buy a rex for a grand and pay the shipping and duties and you would be able to use the rex with no back seat. thats a completely different situation
Quote 0 0
scoupen
When I ran Extreme, you had to show proof of ownership and insurance. You can insure a car without it being registered.

If you want to use a CRX without a backseat, then import one from N.America, just like we would have to import a Panda from over there.

Either way, this is a question for Wayne, not a competitor who can't understand the difference between a N. American CRX and a European/JDM CRX.
Quote 0 0
Team DD Belgium - Dieter
Quote:
When I ran Extreme, you had to show proof of ownership and insurance. You can insure a car without it being registered.

If you want to use a CRX without a backseat, then import one from N.America, just like we would have to import a Panda from over there.

Either way, this is a question for Wayne, not a competitor who can't understand the difference between a N. American CRX and a European/JDM CRX.
To my knowledge in europe, (at least in Belgium) it is imposible to insure a car when it hasn't passed technical inspection. And that last thing is impossible with 95% of the SS and Ex cars.
Quote 0 0
Iceman91
I think I have the perfect solution for the bellas, panda's, * rex's. Make a micro car class & get rid of street stock. Then street class would take in the street stock cars. Although it is all Waynes call & he needs to make a good one quick, becuase the db drag organization is sinking quick like the TITANIC..........
Quote 0 0
bland1
Can't you register a car in the states for offroad use or something like that. I imagine race cars are probably registered, and also insured, but they are not allowed on the roads.
Quote 0 0
Team Psycho Broken
Quote:
Originally posted by bland1:
Can't you register a car in the states for offroad use or something like that. I imagine race cars are probably registered, and also insured, but they are not allowed on the roads.
The only reason you register a vehicle is to drive it on the road. You dont need insurance or registration to drive on private property (off road) However you can put
Quote 0 0
murilo
Not many of us (spl competitors) out there, so the less "bureaucracy" the better. Maybe spl vehicles weighting more than their GVWR should be covered by some sort of insurance...
Quote 0 0
Goldn6
Quote:
I think I have the perfect solution for the bellas, panda's, * rex's. Make a micro car class & get rid of street stock. Then street class would take in the street stock cars. Although it is all Waynes call & he needs to make a good one quick, becuase the db drag organization is sinking quick like the TITANIC..........
G'day this is not a bad idea but I think you would be alianating a lot of the newbies and walk up competitors that have gone to their local chain store and bought a sub and amp for a few hundred dollars.

They are the sort of people who turn into hard core SPLers so we should do everything possible to get them to events and street stock is a great way of doing that.

I have a family size sedan with a 1kw amp and it was my introduction to dB Drags, I have started getting into SPL comps this year and partly due to the fact I have been competative in my stree stock A class I am now in the middle of building a SS 3-4.

just my thoughts
Dean.
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy