scoupen Show full post »
JordyO
The thing people seem to be forgetting here is that it isn't dbDRA or Wayne that is making the Panda illegal in the US, it's your own import laws.

Get a 20 year old vehicle or find a way around your import laws and I'm sure Wayne will let you compete with it.

I mean, that's how I did it. (the legit way!)
Quote 0 0
scoupen
Quote:
Originally posted by JordyO:
The thing people seem to be forgetting here is that it isn't dbDRA or Wayne that is making the Panda illegal in the US, it's your own import laws.

Get a 20 year old vehicle or find a way around your import laws and I'm sure Wayne will let you compete with it.

I mean, that's how I did it. (the legit way!)
The point that I'm making is this.....The DOT's laws have NOTHING to do with legality for competition in dbDrag. Nowhere in the rule book does it say a vehicle has to be registered or even legal for road use to use in competition. Street is the name of the class, not the rule that says it has to be driven. If I have to compete over a computer against someone, I should have the same opportunities as far as equipment choice.....which includes vehicle. But what I have HEARD(not seen written) is that if I were to do well with one at a national or world event and got protested, I would be packing it up and going home. This to me is bullsh1t.
Quote 0 0
ben jamin
Murilo says so much with just a few words. I would not want to use a car that is louder if everyone else can
Quote 0 0
Kim
Just make it leagal for everyone. There
Quote 0 0
rbdbdrag
when u see them driving around on the streets everywhere like most cars u see in drag,then it will be legal,
Quote 0 0
murilo
Who is going to buy that soap box for driving? The main purpose of manufacturing it was obviously SPL...
Quote 0 0
jaychocolate
I am pretty sure that you've never been abroad since you came with a statement like that. These cars and it's siblings have been available for long time even before people used them for spl, thus they weren't manufactured for spl.

Besides you'll find similar sized car made by other brands that were popular in its days as well.

Not being an advocate for these cars, but with limited amounts of US style highways and lack of US pricing on fuel plus taxes that would cause uproar over there, some people will need to settle for soap boxes like this.
Quote 0 0
murilo
I was joking Jay.

I had a couple similar cars myself, so my friends and family.

BUT this doesn't make them any better, they are still soapboxes.
Quote 0 0
ktraughb2
Quote:
Originally posted by jaychocolate:
I am pretty sure that you've never been abroad since you came with a statement like that.
lol, i dont know murilo, but i have seen evidence of him all over the place.
Quote 0 0
PSYCHOACOUSTICS
hmmm i know they are legal and i have theo only one in the usa sitting in my garage waiting for a new generation to try it out its really just in the way now and id like to see it gone
Quote 0 0
Tinted
Quote:
Originally posted by PSYCHOACOUSTICS:
hmmm i know they are legal and i have theo only one in the usa sitting in my garage waiting for a new generation to try it out its really just in the way now and id like to see it gone
didnt you get banned from db drag?
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
Quote:
Originally posted by PSYCHOACOUSTICS:
i know Demuth had a marbella. last i heard he still had it. I saw it being towed down I75 south from canada last November. I was in the middle of Tennessee when I passed it.
Quote 0 0
splfrek
I say for a street class they need to be street legal in the USA.
registered with insurance and be street legal.
if not we might as well use any vehicle we can find.like those small Suzuki work trucks that fit 2 people and a lunch box.or a one person enclosed golf cart.
Quote 0 0
Emil
Dbdragracing is not just in usa. Panda and Marbella are legal cars in Europe.

If you want a Panda or marbella import one, and yes l now it`s gone cost alot of money to get one in to the usa.

If l want a crx with 2 seats ( 4 seat in europe) l have to import one. So let us ban crx`s too its not available as a 2 seater in europe
Quote 0 0
Wagonized
importing a panda/bella really isnt as expensive as one would think. Infact if youre smart about it, you could do it for REALLY cheap. In canada atleast.

A team member and I were going to do this in 2006
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy