scoupen Show full post »
thanosdbfan
The least amount of money you need to import a Panda in Canada is 2000 USD (shipping and handling fees) plus the paperwork..This does not include the cost of buying the car...And the car has to be clean inside out also, otherwise the customs will charge youextra fee for cleaning and debugging services...
Quote 0 0
splfrek
Quote:
Originally posted by Emil:
Dbdragracing is not just in usa. Panda and Marbella are legal cars in Europe.

If you want a Panda or marbella import one, and yes l now it`s gone cost alot of money to get one in to the usa.

If l want a crx with 2 seats ( 4 seat in europe) l have to import one. So let us ban crx`s too its not available as a 2 seater in europe
the pandas are not street legal here in the USA.
just like the 4 seater crx is not street legal in the USA either.
like i said before if we are not worried about a vehicle being street legal in the usa. we might as well use what ever we want in any class.
Quote 0 0
scoupen
Quote 0 0
murilo
The class isn't called "street legal"... The loudest street cars were not street driven so... It is a efficiency class, who does more with only one or two batts, that is all.
Quote 0 0
team carmania patrick
Quote:
Originally posted by murilo@soundigital.com.br:
The class isn't called "street legal"... The loudest street cars were not street driven so... It is a efficiency class, who does more with only one or two batts, that is all.
i dont now where you have that from but a lot of panda,s or marbella,s are driven my street B panda is olso use for drive to work and i now more panda,s an marbella,s that do that so your statement is not corect
Quote 0 0
jaychocolate
Even World Record holder in Street Max uses his Seat , so it is not a trailer queen.
Quote 0 0
JordyO
In 1.5 years my Panda would be legal for any American to buy and import. (As it would then be past the 25 year waiting period)

My Panda isn't the newest model year which means there are probably a few years of Pandas/Marbellas that are legal for road use in the USA.

So the argument is invalid. Buy the right one and import it legally (like I did) or quit your bitchin'.
Quote 0 0
murilo
Pandas have been around since 1980
Quote 0 0
ssackett
Quote:
Originally posted by JordyO:
In 1.5 years my Panda would be legal for any American to buy and import. (As it would then be past the 25 year waiting period)

My Panda isn't the newest model year which means there are probably a few years of Pandas/Marbellas that are legal for road use in the USA.

So the argument is invalid. Buy the right one and import it legally (like I did) or quit your bitchin'.
^^ This.. I know someone locally that has used the 25 year to his favor and is almost done with the paper work There will be a loud SSNW Panda here on the West Coast pretty soon
Quote 0 0
scoupen
Great. Congrats to you guys who have imported them. That still doesn't answer my question though.

It doesn't say in the rules anywhere that a vehicle has to be street legal or registered.

So why am I being told that they wouldn't be legal to compete with in this country. If I have to play a video game to compete, I want the equipment available to be equivalent.
Quote 0 0
murilo
Quote:
Originally posted by scoupen:

It doesn't say in the rules anywhere that a vehicle has to be street legal or registered.
This is why I have been using my pandas... if this was a street driving competition, I'm sure they would have to be registered, but is a SPL competition.
Quote 0 0
ssackett
Quote:
Originally posted by murilo@soundigital.com.br:
Quote:
quote:
Originally posted by scoupen:

This is why I have been using my pandas... if this was a street driving competition, I'm sure they would have to be registered, but is a SPL competition.
Exactly.. Maybe the misconception over the years of people not being able to actually legally drive it on the street was the issue and people correlated that issue with spl competition? If the two subjects are seperated then it would be clearly legal that anyone can use them. Sure you can't drive one on the streets but I think the issue of the car audio competition vehicle being legal needs to be concerned with the facts of the audio installation and the vehicle compartment and so on. No the fact if you can drive the car on the street to a show. There is no relation when it concerns a car audio competition. You would never see an extreme vehicle on the streets nor some of the other super street trailer queeens. If you have a Panda just tow it and call it a day I say. Problem solved HAHAHA!
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
would doing this make it legal...

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/10/27/russian-tuner-squeezes-1-000-horsepower-into-a-fiat-coupe/#continued
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy