kenneth
does anyone have some pointers for using all thread or bolts through the box as the wire binding posts? as far as materials and what works best for the least resistance. i usually just drill wire holes or use distro blocks but was thinking about doing this on the box im building now. thanks in advance.
Quote 0 0
dr_hypothesis
Yeah I'd love this info as well. I plan on doing this for my next wall.
Quote 0 0
Kicker700
Brass is good, plus its easier to get from a hardware store then say copper..
Quote 0 0
sundownz
I use brass all-thread in my boxes... works great. I gained several tenths vs. running the wire out of the port.
Quote 0 0
bignoiz
Quote:
Originally posted by sundownz:
I use brass all-thread in my boxes... works great. I gained several tenths vs. running the wire out of the port.
excellent idea
Quote 0 0
new2boom
i used brass bolts and cut the heads off worked great didnt see a gain though but make it easier to pull box out now
Quote 0 0
kenneth
interesting. ill check the hardware store for some brass bolts. thanks for the info guys. i was trying to avoid using zinc or stainless bolts.
Quote 0 0
Sinister-David
Silicon Bronze Threaded Rod is out there for sale or u could just by copper round rod and Thread it with a dye
Quote 0 0
pimpin at my house
i have used bolts for yrs, works great.
in are old comp car i had a set of bolts per coil so i could change impedence for comps vrs daily by spinning wingnuts.

just use ring terminals on the speaker wire to inside bolts to and end of the speaker wire from amp to box.
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy