Rossfreier
anyone have any tips for a V wall build i have 49W X 36H X 48 deep, this build is in the back of a 99 gmc jimmy, it is for 8 15s, i currently have a v wall with 16 12s but i beieve the baffles take up too much room to make this worth while, the current set up has a 8" lip on either side to make the baffles come up flat no need to cut for the shape of the truck. the lip only needs to be 6" but i made it larger to try to get more air space for the subs. with the new build i'm thinkin of doin a 3 layer baffle, one layer will go ontop of the lip and the other 2 will be behind it. the port opening is 12" i did some math and the baffle angle works out to be 24 degrees which i'm thinkin is a very mild angle for this build. anyone got any tips or ideas?
Quote 0 0
Rossfreier
oh and this is a daily pounder and hopefully 149.9 bassracer, i have an orion 2500 right now for power but will be upgrading in the spring
Quote 0 0
dB Don
Approx 45-60 degree angle or 15" at the wide part between surrounds and 3" between the closest part of the surrounds was the most efficient way back when I had a V wall in the old Team Beyond Blazer.

You can go closer angles like you have but at very high pressures it does strain the tight side of the cone a bit but if no issues arise then just focus on opening it as much as possible and letting the V breath into the cabin as much as possible.

Also test putting boundaries behind the woofers to even out pressure on the cone sometimes that gains but it has to be tested theres no rule set in stone for that.

Opening of the Vcan be rounded and smooth like glass for best results.
Quote 0 0
Rossfreier
ya i figured the wider the opening the better but for the baffle length and the mounting depth of the subs kinda limit me abit, i haven't recieved the subs yet so i can't mock it up that well yet. is that 45 to 60 per side or total? cuz mines 24degrees per side or 48degree total, i might be able to stretch it out abit more tho
Quote 0 0
Rossfreier
so my v goes from 33" to 12" at the rear with the port at the back of the v, baffles are roughly 30 inchs long
Quote 0 0
john-hone
a rule i normaly go buy is have the V opening the same or more than your cone area.
Quote 0 0
marcmdm
Oh damn Mr Hone is helping...lol
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
Quote:
Originally posted by john-hone:
a rule i normaly go buy is have the V opening the same or more than your cone area.
i always went with the rule, if the cone area is more than 80% of the passthrough, you basically had an untuned bandpass which made changes not always do what they should
Quote 0 0
Rossfreier
of so i have 1188 sqin opening at the widest area. and 377 sqin cone area(not including the suspension travel) so should i shrink the opening down?, i'm making this box ported at the back of the v
Quote 0 0
john-hone
no, do not shrink the opening down. sounds fine.
Quote 0 0
dB Don
sq inch opening same as a subwoofer cones square inch is proven to less effective than testing. Most times its what behind the side woofer with the side wall or floor behind it that makes the most gains but my previous post stands. And in testing its the angle that helps the most with rear cone separation.
But when alls done each aspect must be tested.
Quote 0 0
Rossfreier
ok so i'm just goin to build this and see what happens then
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy