Dimensions
Hey everyone, I am going to attempt my first Alarm install. I know it is tricky and it is quite intimidating to be honest. I have a Viper 791xv and need help installing it into my 2002 Toyota Tacoma. I would have a shop do it but the cheapest quote to install this alarm in my truck was $650 and I think that is freakin' rediculous in my opinion. I have searched shops in every direction with in an hours drive and everyone has quoted me $650 - $800, WTF its a Toyota, not a BMW.

Anyway, I was wondering if you guys can just tell me which wires go where. I bought the alarm from an authorized dealer (they are the ones who quoted me $650 to install) and when I bought the alarm they also gave me the wiring diagram off of directechs to my truck to help me out. I am also going to be using aftermarket acuators and relays since I don't have power door locks. So if anyone can tell me which wires to tap into it would make my day and save me a ton of money.

Here are the list of wires from the alarm

PRIMARY HARNESS H1, 12 PIN
Red/White (-) 200mA channel 2 validity output:
Red 12v constant input:
Brown (+) siren output:
Black (-) ground input:
Violet (+) door trigger input, zone 3:
Blue (-) trunk trigger input: (NO TRUNK)
Green (-) door trigger input, zone 3:
Black/White (-) 200mA domelight output:
White (+/-) selectable light flash output:
White/Blue (-) remote start activation input:
Orange ground when armed output:

SECONDARY HARNESS H2, 6 PIN
Light Blue (-) second unlock output:
White/Black (-) programmable channel 5 output:
Violet/Black (-) programmable channel 4 output:
Green/White (-) factory rearm:
Grey/Black (-) wait to start input:
Light Green/Black (-) Factory disarm:

DOOR LOCK HARNESS 3 PIN
Green (-) lock (+) unlock output:
Blue (+) lock (-) unlock output:

REMOTE START PRIMARY HARNESS, 7 PIN
Pink/White 200mA (-) programmable ign2/acc2 relay turn on:
Yellow (+) ignition input to alarm:
Pink (-) 200mA ignition relay turn on:
Orange (-) 200mA accessory relay turn on:
Purple (-) 200mA starter relay turn on:
Orange/Black (-) Anti-grind/Ground when armed output:
Blue (-) 200mA Status output

HEAVY GAUGE INLINE CONNECTOR, KEY SWITCH INTERFACE
Purple (+) output to starter circuit (starter side):
Green onboard starter kill (keyside):
Red (+) high current 12v input:
Orange (+) output to accessory circuit:
Pink (+) output to primary ignition circuit:
Red (+) high current 12v input:
Pink/White (+) output to second ignition circuit:
Red/White (+) high current 12v input:

REMOTE START SECONDARY HARNESS H3, 5 PIN
White/Blue (-) 200mA Status/rear defogger - latched/pulsed: (I dont have a rear defogger)
Gray (-) Hood pin switch input:
Brown (+) Brake shutdown wire:
Violet/White Tachometer input wire:
Black/White (-) Neutral Safety switch input:

Here is the wiring guide to my Toyota

12v (+) (there are two of these one 40amp and one 30amp)
Starter (+)
Ignition (+)
Second Ignition (+)
Accessory (+)
Keysense (-)
Lock/Unlock (Not listing these because I am using aftermarket acuators and relays)
Parking lights (+)
Parking lights (-)
Dome Super vision (comes on with unlock)
Tachometer (AC current)
Brake wire (+)
Horn (-)

Ok so there it is, please somebody help me out and I understand that I will have to use relays. I will be using SPDT relays so for places that need relays (like the doors) could you please specify what # pin to use on the relay. All the help you guys give me is much appretiated. I have been around stereos for 5 years now so I know some but this is going to be a whole new thing for me so please help me out.

-Chris
Quote 0 0
helix007
Did you get this installed? I am trying to install one on my truck and I'd like to find all the info before I tear into it- thanks
Quote 0 0
jeckyl
The alarm is inexpensive, your paying a professional to do the installation, you have all the info there, it is how you inturipit the info, that is a sophisticated security system and some programming is required using DEI's bit writer(saves ALOT of time). I hope no one here abuses the rights of suplying info just to publish, you have the schematics, look around and see if omega for instance might provide the "location"of the wire connections. DEI will not, long story. I think istall tech or bay might help you
Quote 0 0
jeckyl
I just checked the data for that truck, there are no interface modules needed. hope this helps>
>12V: white (40A), white/red (30A
>Starter:black
>Ign:black/red
>2nd ign:black/yellow
>Acc:blue/red
>key sense:lt. green/red this is - and you need to use the blue with a white/stripe to trigger the ign.
>lock>gray - in front of fuse block
>un lock - purple same place
>lights_ green in front of fuse box, should be pin#22 -trigger ( there is a switch on the brain that you can switch - easy)
>Tach>lt. green/black instrument cluster or On the 4 cyl it is at the data link connector to the right of the steering column or V6 it is at the igniter on the passenger fender, below the air filter box.
>Brake:green/white
>I hope this helps you and your friends, make sure you use a dmm to check bedore you solder the connections. What you have posted is the diagram for the security ststem, here is the schematic for that truck.
Quote 0 0
jeckyl
did any of this help?
Quote 0 0
jeckyl
Chris, i cant help if you dont post
Quote 0 0
RFVega115
Quote:
Originally posted by jeckyl:
Chris, I can't help if you don't post.
This is a old post. PM/email him
Quote 0 0
Cobi
Quote:
Originally posted by jeckyl:
I just checked the data for that truck, there are no interface modules needed. hope this helps>
>12V: white (40A), white/red (30A
>Starter:black
>Ign:black/red
>2nd ign:black/yellow
>Acc:blue/red
>key sense:lt. green/red this is - and you need to use the blue with a white/stripe to trigger the ign.

>lock>gray - in front of fuse block
>un lock - purple same place
>lights_ green in front of fuse box, should be pin#22 -trigger ( there is a switch on the brain that you can switch - easy)
>Tach>lt. green/black instrument cluster or On the 4 cyl it is at the data link connector to the right of the steering column or V6 it is at the igniter on the passenger fender, below the air filter box.
>Brake:green/white
>I hope this helps you and your friends, make sure you use a dmm to check bedore you solder the connections. What you have posted is the diagram for the security ststem, here is the schematic for that truck.
Jeckyl, thanks for your post. I could not find the LightGreen/Black tach wire over the spark plug igniter (on the middle cylinder) under the air filter box. However, I found a LightGreen wire (without the black stripe) in that same location. Could that be the tach wire? Am I looking in the right location?

Thank you,
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
On the 2.4L and the 2.7L engine, there are 2 coils on the left front of the engine. Use the BLACK/BLUE or BROWN/YELLOW for a 2 cylinder signal. On the 3.4L engine there is a coil per cylinder. Use the wire opposite from the BLACK/RED at any of the coils. With any of the engines you can also find a BLACK tach reference at pin-15 of the 26-pin connector on the ECM behind the glovebox.

Information provided as is. No liability assumed. Always test your wires before assuming tech info is correct.
- Donald
Quote 0 0
jeckyl
check your P/M Jeckyl
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy