98Expo
i traded everything i had, and ended up getting it all back, 2 bl 18's, 2 sundown 1500ds, alpine 505 with 701 processor and all. Anyway, i was subs up, port back, around 20 cubes before sub and port, 200+ square inches of port tuned to 33hz. Its just daily work truck and something to play around with. I got used to having all space in the back of expedition and never use back seat. Anybody have any suggestion, if i should rebuild like it was, or take backseat out and wall of with both subs about middle ways and port running across the top. Would it make it that much louder walled? Maybe anydy jones will have suggestions
Quote 0 0
Andy Jones
how did you get it back? Why did jason take it out?

Go see Steve in Florence like Jason did. Steve will make that truck flex in ways you can't imagine---and he has used that equipment in jason's truck.
Quote 0 0
TeamSubGoPoof
Andy, your PM box is full

Also Expeditions don't really meter that great, I've found that subs and port back sounds louder also then subs up and port back.

I was contemplating walling mine and I just couldn't justify it for how bad at SPL they are
Quote 0 0
Mr. Slate
I keep posting these pictures, just trying to help.
My 98 Navi back in 04':
Quote 0 0
98Expo
jason wanted his back seat back in, so we traded back. So, i got the subs and amps monday and suppose to get rest tomorrow before i go to work. I may go to steve and see what he can do or I may just go ahead and put it back like it was.

and teamsub, this truck is just for daily driver, not any comps, just wanting it to have some good lows and still be loud. The box i had really picked up lows good and sounded good on just about anything. But i had read not to do subs and port back.
Quote 0 0
TeamSubGoPoof
In most SUVs you don't do subs and port back...usually subs up and port back is louder

In mine with 2 layers of deadener all over everything and the truck being totally dead...subs and port back meters louder and sounds louder lol

I'll grab a couple of pics of my setup tomorrow, its 2 Death Penalty 15s on 2 20.1s

I had 4 DP 15s on 4 20.1s with sub up and port back, changed it to 2 and its pretty close to the same numbers, sounds a lot better though
Quote 0 0
98Expo
ok, thanks
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
with that equipment, even below the window line you should be able to break 150 on music below 40Hz
Quote 0 0
Andy Jones
I told Steve about you last night. That man will make the truck stupid, and it will look great also. He's one of like 3 people I would trust to touch my vehicle.
Quote 0 0
98Expo
ok andy, thanks. I will decide what route i am taking. Jason is coming over in morning so we can get the rest out of his truck. May start putting back in my truck tomorrow too. Still undecided
Quote 0 0
98Expo
Quote:
Originally posted by Andy Jones:
I told Steve about you last night. That man will make the truck stupid, and it will look great also. He's one of like 3 people I would trust to touch my vehicle.
At local shop here before i did 149 on dash on TL guy had. And on Andy's RTA did a 152.7. So I was happy with that being I did it all under my carport and only 2nd box i built. But now, i want it louder and just trying some other stuff too. I asked some questions on 4th and 6th order boxes just to see how they sound.
Quote 0 0
Andy Jones
I'm out on 4th and 6th orders. I built some in the 1990-1993 area but the goal was SQ not SPL. Didn't work out to well. haven't played with one since.

I need a headliner from an F150 or an expedition if you see an extra one laying around
Quote 0 0
Rob Tabor
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Slate:
I keep posting these pictures, just trying to help.
My 98 Navi back in 04':
That looks sweet, here is the Navigator I just purchased from Michael Westbrook, it will be metered for the first time in High Point in December if all goes well

Quote 0 0
Mr. Slate
That looks awesome.
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy