Bangin' GMC Show full post »
audiobuffru1
Hey jared whats up great demo there .
Quote 0 0
jarfunkz
Quote:
Originally posted by audiobuffru1:
Hey jared whats up great demo there .
Whats up skippy. How is life, as you can see I was bored enough to come out of the woodwork to teach these young whipper snappers something about building walls. Who am I kidding, I just turned 30. But I learned from the best.
Quote 0 0
Mr. Slate
Mr. Jarfunkz, in that picture you posted, how thick is your baffle?
Quote 0 0
jarfunkz
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Slate:
Mr. Jarfunkz, in that picture you posted, how thick is your baffle?
1.5" but there is a 1.5" piece of wood approximately 6" deep that divides the woofers
Quote 0 0
Mr. Slate
That's it? 1.5" thick? I was talking about the picture you posted where the interior of the wall is black.
Quote 0 0
Mr. Slate
Quote:
Originally posted by jarfunkz:

Thus you have a finished product...
This picture. Baffle looks a lot thicker then 1.5.
Quote 0 0
audiobuffru1
that is the port side of the baffle if im correct and remeber right
Quote 0 0
Mr. Slate
Was that in the rabbit?
Quote 0 0
jarfunkz
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Slate:
Quote:
quote:
Originally posted by jarfunkz:

Thus you have a finished product...
This picture. Baffle looks a lot thicker then 1.5.
sides were 2.25" top was 2.25, back was 1.5, front 1.5, bottom is complicated....
Quote 0 0
jarfunkz
The port if I remember right was about 8". Currently the rabbit is on loan to crossfire/roger.

There is a sub divider behind the front baffle that extends around 6" and it is also connected to the port. That is really all the strength you need. I am not sure how many people swear that you need 5" in order to do well or where they got that idea from. If you do 1.5", you really need to make sure you have good build quality. The thing is a rock.

[ 12-18-2009, 02:03 AM: Message edited by: jarfunkz ]
Quote 0 0
Mr. Slate
I had a baffle that was 3" and thought that it was solid. I rodded it (taking someone's suggestion) and gained .5-6 db.
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy