SPL marbella
Hello all, I m new in your forum. So i will tell you what i have and what i want
1. I have seat marbella 1990.
2x Helon 12 SPL
1x GZPA 10000slp
A lots of cables.
At this moment i have a box with about 8236 Cubic Inches(4,76 cub feet) volume.
no battery at the moment
planing for two hx300.
2. i vant become loud. at rezo freq. (i think it is 65 hz).
sorry for mess
waiting for ideas
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
if this is just for burp, you're box is WAY to big. especially for that frequency
Quote 0 0
augustijnen Peter
try 3cf with an 8" port
will be alot better , that box is way too big for a panda
The one and only , back for more !!!!
Quote 0 0
SPL marbella
I like your ideas
one think that i dont like, is change from metric to imperial
so thanks for ideas for now.
also, in same Marbella. box for music should be ????
Quote 0 0
casperskafs
Quote:
Originally posted by SPL marbella:
I like your ideas
one think that i dont like, is change from metric to imperial
so thanks for ideas for now.
also, in same Marbella. box for music should be ????
I wouldn't tune anywhere near 65hz for music. With your equipment I'm sure you already know that though. I just like to feel like I helped
Quote 0 0
SPL marbella
yes i know that , for now i have ports for 35 hz, 39 hz and 43 hz, but they all sounds similar for me i trieed 25 hz port (was like 30 inch) but not realy much came out. only dors vibrate verry , for the moment inside is 35 hz port.
Quote 0 0
SPL marbella
So i built 3.17 ft
Quote 0 0
thanosdbfan
There is only one answer....Test,test,test and test again....When you finish testing start allover again....

Since you don't have any other space available experiment with the port volume,or try a duct instead.
Quote 0 0
SPL marbella
hello,
so i had box like 3,25 big. with two 6" aero ports.
and with 7 kw i did 151,1.
next box will be 2,5 big and one 8" aero.
this year there was world record made bay germans. 160db is street A
amazing
how big should aero be? i can get it only like 4 cm bend. from 8" i go to11" is that gud ?
Quote 0 0
Nightshade
Which way do you have the subs and ports firing? Ive found in my smaller hatchback if I fire woofers up and ports to the drivers side I get my best scores. Make sure you leave enough room on the baffle where the ports are firing so the pressure can build and still escape. I havent run a 2 12 setup but have done 2 15's and a 1 15 setup off quite a bit less power. The 1 15 setup was 3 cubes with a single 8" aeroport tuned to 46hz. It peaked in the car at 52hz and did a 152.6 off of 4400 or so clamped watts. You should definately be able to match that with your car and equiptment. Try the same size box and port since 2 12's is similar cone area to 1 15. If you want to do more cone area pm me and Ill give you more info of what Ive found to work. I managed to stay on pace with many CRX scores on the same amount of power at a lower frequency then the rex. 2 15's did 154.2 @ 46hz off a touch over 6K watts. Never had any real power to see full potential.
Quote 0 0
SPL marbella
hello, so i build today a new box for my seat marbella
i nov i have 60 liters its about 2,3 cub inch.
i will use two AS helon 12 spl. (two of them, displacement about 0,4 cubinch)
am i on right way ?
port will be 20 cm dia and about 35 cm long. in the midle of the box.
Quote 0 0
SPL marbella
well actually port is only 21 cm long. i i do street b leagal 152,1 a 70 hz
Quote 0 0
SPL marbella
its how my box looks like now
Quote 0 0
RAD
Maybe that's a little TOO small. 1.5 per sub/3 total sounds good. Port could be flared more, also try rounding over your corners underneath the sub, that's gained me up to .5dB. Also test flush mounting your subs, and rounding over the edges of the box.
Quote 0 0
Durando
Congrates on the 52.. well done..

Try, subs next to eachother (facing up)
Port facing Passingers side..
the play with the port...
is the inside of the port also flared.. if not flare it..
also try using a 10' port about 30cm.. that should keep tuning the same but allow more pressure

Let us know how it goes.. or whatever you tried!
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy