astrolade
Quote:
Originally posted by kraven moorehead:
Quote:
quote:
Originally posted by bignoiz:
there's NO incentive other than bragging rights

few people can justify the cost with the money only leaving the pocket

people mainly like demo vehicles, cater more to these people as this is what most people can really relate to
I Hear THAT, make those burp monsters play music too. No trailor queens in the street classes, make everyone drive in and drive out! Street legal cars with registrations and insurance only in the street classes.....Even Super Street. Trailor queens in extreme only. Not trying to piss off people here just a thought.
Haywood Jablome
Quote 0 0
kraven moorehead
uh=oo didnt mean to step on anyones toes!!!!!

[ 11-02-2009, 06:24 PM: Message edited by: kraven moorehead ]
Quote 0 0
astrolade
Quote:
Originally posted by kraven moorehead:
uh=oo didnt mean to step on anyones toes!!!!!
NO SOUP FOR YOU!!!! NNNNNEEXT
Quote 0 0
murilo
Maybe less excluding rules and more including rules.

I might me wrong, but I don't think there are lots of people just waiting for some small change on rules so they can build a bunch of new cars for the "sport".

Including cars that are already on the game would be a good idea, example some sort of trunk class, maybe inside a couple more street stock oriented classes, a NW light class (lots and lots of competitors in NW, is something to be explored).

Speaking about NW, lots of competitors enter in that class because they have a couple more batts (as recommended by manufacturers = 100Ah each 1000W) and would't compete in Street B or C. I would suggest a "NW-light", box at the trunk area, no window line rule, 2 amps, unlimited bats, whatever subs.
Quote 0 0
98AckCL23
Quote:
Originally posted by murilo@soundigital.com.br:

I might me wrong, but I don't think there are lots of people just waiting for some small change on rules so they can build a bunch of new cars for the "sport".

Including cars that are already on the game would be a good idea, example some sort of trunk class, maybe inside a couple more street stock oriented classes, a NW light class (lots and lots of competitors in NW, is something to be explored).

Speaking about NW, lots of competitors enter in that class because they have a couple more batts (as recommended by manufacturers = 100Ah each 1000W) and would't compete in Street B or C. I would suggest a "NW-light", box at the trunk area, no window line rule, 2 amps, unlimited bats, whatever subs.
I like the idea of a NW-light. Maybe even limit the rated power for the class, kinda like Street Stock, but to something like 3-4k or whatever. Or you could just call it the trunk class and run as much power as you want.

I know personally, as a first year competitor this last year, it would be nice to have some lower power classes that aren't limited by sub choice. Maybe that's just me though... Another thought might be to limit the number of years you can compete in a class like this, so you don't have your first time competitor going up against an extremely seasoned veteran.
Quote 0 0
The Repo Man
Quote:
Originally posted by 98AckCL23:
Quote:
quote:

I like the idea of a NW-light. Maybe even limit the rated power for the class, kinda like Street Stock, but to something like 3-4k or whatever. Or you could just call it the trunk class and run as much power as you want.

I know personally, as a first year competitor this last year, it would be nice to have some lower power classes that aren't limited by sub choice. Maybe that's just me though... Another thought might be to limit the number of years you can compete in a class like this, so you don't have your first time competitor going up against an extremely seasoned veteran.
What defines an extremely seasoned veteran?
Quote 0 0
Thorshammer
Quote:

Love the NW Light idea and a Trunk class! Almost sounded like you were talking about me
Quote 0 0
98AckCL23
Quote:
Originally posted by The Repo Man:
Quote:
quote:
Quote:
quote:

Whatever you want it to be Fred. I'm more thinking like what happened to me during my like 2nd comp or something like that. I had to go up against Eric, and got killed by like 20db. Now, is that a big deal for me? No, but it might be for some other guy coming right off the street.

Another thing about the 2kw rule. Not too many people I know (that are outside the competition scene) run anywhere near 2kw. If we're trying to draw people into the sport, it's kinda hard to catch the competition bug if there are guys running 2-3 times the power you are, but still in the same class. Just a thought...
Quote 0 0
The Repo Man
Quote:
Quote:
quote:
Quote:
quote:
Quote:
quote:

Whatever you want it to be Fred. I'm more thinking like what happened to me during my like 2nd comp or something like that. I had to go up against Eric, and got killed by like 20db. Now, is that a big deal for me? No, but it might be for some other guy coming right off the street.

Another thing about the 2kw rule. Not too many people I know (that are outside the competition scene) run anywhere near 2kw. If we're trying to draw people into the sport, it's kinda hard to catch the competition bug if there are guys running 2-3 times the power you are, but still in the same class. Just a thought...
I totally understand your dilema Matt. I think db drag needs a bridge between street stock and street classes, and it should be open to newer competitors like yourself that dont use competition specific cars like a crx or have 10-12k watts in a street car.

Its really hard to get someone interested if they are being fed to the wolves in their first or second show.
Quote 0 0
98AckCL23
Exactly what I mean Fred. Like I said, it's not a big deal to me, mainly since I'd just seen the write-up in a magazine about Finals, and they featured his car, but still. If something like that happens to someone else, they're might get all kinds of pissed or discouraged or whatever and never come back to another comp. That's why I suggested something like power limit, but no limitation on subs, or maybe do a breakdown like the current Street classes where number/size of your sub(s) determine your class, along with power and battery combinations. I think that would be a more viable alternative and should help bridge the gap between Street Stock and the current Street cars. Although I'm sure some of the Street Stock guys could and likely will be louder than a newbie like myself, even if I am running 3" coil'ed subs with cast baskets.
Quote 0 0
The Repo Man
Quote:
Exactly what I mean Fred. Like I said, it's not a big deal to me, mainly since I'd just seen the write-up in a magazine about Finals, and they featured his car, but still. If something like that happens to someone else, they're might get all kinds of pissed or discouraged or whatever and never come back to another comp. That's why I suggested something like power limit, but no limitation on subs, or maybe do a breakdown like the current Street classes where number/size of your sub(s) determine your class, along with power and battery combinations. I think that would be a more viable alternative and should help bridge the gap between Street Stock and the current Street cars. Although I'm sure some of the Street Stock guys could and likely will be louder than a newbie like myself, even if I am running 3" coil'ed subs with cast baskets.
There has to be a way to even the playing field and get more people involved or db drag is going to die, plain and simple.

BTW, if a trunk class does happen I would be interested in building for it.
Quote 0 0
98AckCL23
Quote:
Quote:
quote:
There has to be a way to even the playing field and get more people involved or db drag is going to die, plain and simple.
That's it. And with forums like CA and CACO becoming more and more filled with people buying/selling/trading 3" coiled subs with cast/machined baskets, that's what people that are new to the "unknown brands" are buying. Currently, that automatically jumps them up to Street classes, where they have to go up against the guys with 10-12kws and crxs... And that's when the absolute slaughter by the rather experienced street competitors happens, which could drive newbies away.

I wonder if I'd be allowed in the trunk class with my current setup, since I did "structural modifications" to my car... Running a setup that would otherwise be Street A legal except I pulled a brace from behind the back seat, even though it doesn't effect the car at all, would really suck if I actually cared about burps...
Quote 0 0
The Repo Man
Quote:
Quote:
quote:
Quote:
quote:
That's it. And with forums like CA and CACO becoming more and more filled with people buying/selling/trading 3" coiled subs with cast/machined baskets, that's what people that are new to the "unknown brands" are buying. Currently, that automatically jumps them up to Street classes, where they have to go up against the guys with 10-12kws and crxs... And that's when the absolute slaughter by the rather experienced street competitors happens, which could drive newbies away.
I agree, the 2.5 coil and stamped steel basket **** is unrealistic.

Nobody is going to buy cheap junk just to compete in street stock. The class is a victim of its own supposed set of rules. Also who wants to "compete" in a class that cant set a world record?

I like to win as much as the next guy, but I would personally rather lose by 1db than win by 10 db.
Quote 0 0
98AckCL23
Personally, I'd like to see multiple Street Stock divisions, like the Street classes.

Another thing wrong with SS vs Street is the podium. SS can have them, and Street cars can't. I know I personally drive around daily with a hu that can be pulled out of the car. All I need is the extra set of RCA's that are in my back seat, and like 2 minutes to straighten wires out...
Quote 0 0
Boilermaker-744
I can speak from an outside view... I havent competed for the simple fact that I never had the money to do what it takes to compete on "their" level... Well, I have money now(sometimes...lol), and am building a decent setup (more for myself) and will compete when its done. I told the people involved that I will compete, but its more for me, than to compete, per say... If the rules were changed to support the new guy, say maybe an amatuer street class, amatuer SS class, amatuer Extreme class, I could see more people getting interested... And the whole not knowing the schedule ahead of time, is a huge turn off to me personally... Like I said before, Im nobody, but isnt it that what makes us who we are? **** the whole US vs. Euro ****, its about our love of the sport, and the competetive nature. Well, this is just an outside view looking in...
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy