B-rad
It's all over the place 161.4 one day an a 162.5 the next I can't explain it. It's a usaci 0-1000 mod two d5s on 4# rd 18s an 6 power master bats.Estis built the van for unlimited mod non as pinky he was doing 169.5 at his house in 08 he played a 168 in drag last year but that was with more power than 12,000 watts. We have added mat painted box in white oil bass haven't gain nota.
Any info
Quote 0 0
B-rad
Quote 0 0
Gavin
weather, temp, pressure, batteries charged, system cooled down. there are many reasons things like this happen, I still have this same problem, just not in the 60's lol. try to test under the same conditions and see if the score stays the same or darn near.
Quote 0 0
warlord
Hey there b-rad , the factor which might be affecting ur score is ohms rise, that is also affecting me, i will be correcting it wid a lower ohm sub and i will try changing my cabins temperature.
Quote 0 0
B-rad
I think your both right. Temp is one problem but what I can't fig out is we will un strap amp an turn wide open an use a 5 volt head unit an it will be the louder than other way to day ,then tomorrow we will test an be down so we will strap amps gain match switch to a 2 volt then that will work. I just don't get it .
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
the baffle seems a bit too thick...but that's not the same issue

loose ground/power connections on one of the batts may be possible
Quote 0 0
B-rad
I'm glad u come to help iv herd a lot about u. Yea like I said above the van was already built when we got it for unlimited we came way down on power. The baffle is just as we got it I'm thinking something needs to be dun just don't know what. Were leaving for finals tomorrow when we get there I plan on going over all conections.
Any thing else guys? We need a nother db lol
Quote 0 0
B-rad
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
what year astro is that?
I'm not thinking of much you can do in such a short time period.
Quote 0 0
B-rad
94. I still haf to check out the cat box .the passenger door is shot its coming apart. I think that's why no gain when we added mat. I'm going to tap the subs up on front an tap around the magnet. It's got a extra ring an I here that helps. I'm going to tap the wires down in box an armarow intire box an cab.
I don't know what else ill try anything man .
Quote 0 0
Master Yoda
You might want to upen up the back side of the front wall with a larger round over bit that should help with the air flow off the back of the subs. Just a thought?
Quote 0 0
B-rad
Thanks man. I think were going to do that next year. Just no time now were headed to finals now.
Thanks guys
Quote 0 0
Mr. Slate
Good luck at finals.
Quote 0 0
B-rad
Hay guys haven't got back to you guys since finals
We took 2nd with a 162.2
1st was a 162.6

Since then I have changed the angle in the box .
Flared the back of baffle .
Added more mat.
Changed out batts ( still not new but working on that now )

When we got home we were doing 162.8
Now 163.3

Just put up a 163 at a show sat.

Were going for a 164 by finals

Thanks guys
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy