porkchop
kid at work has 2 jl 15's he is selling to anohter guy. he doesent know what model thay are and i asked him to take them out of the box but he is lazy and wont. the cone feals likes its ruff like it has somthing on it. my old w3's had a smoth cone so im prety sure that thats not what thay are but who knows. im just curiuos to what thay are does anyone have an idea
Quote 0 0
05 obs
w0 or w1?
Quote 0 0
porkchop
i dunno. thats what im tryin to find out. i wish this dummy would just take them out
Quote 0 0
reaper68
My 15w4s had the textured surface on the cone like that those would be a decent investment although they didn't like my mtx 2300 to well
Quote 0 0
porkchop
yeah he's sellin them for 200$ with some p.o.s amp. i would of liked to buy them if that other guy at work dident buy them. but i have no extra loot anyway.still tryin to save for somthing new to replace the dd. anyway so u think its a w4
Quote 0 0
pimpin at my house
i 2nd the w4s...
Quote 0 0
Mizah Mar
im not sure if the cones differed with size but my 10w4d4 and 12w4 had smooth cones.
Quote 0 0
winslow
Up until one point, all JL 15s had dimpled cones...including the W3s.

You need to see if they are dual or single voice coils.

If single, then W1s or W0s. W1s will have a vented back plate, W0s will have the big nipple on the backplate and use VRC cooling.

If duals, find out what impedence. If dual 8s, then W5. If dual 4s with a vented pole piece, then W4s or W5s. If dual 4s with the nipple on the backplate and no vent, then W3s. If dual 2s, then they are W3s.
Quote 0 0
SLAB
my old W6's have the textured cones as well. if your really interested take them out of the box and see what they are.

he sounds pretty shady if you cant figure out what series they are.
Quote 0 0
kenneth
my old w6s were quite smooth if i remember correctly. it seems like my w0s were kinda rough. but, you can never tell because a lot of people had access to recone those things with possible different cones. i know a guy who did it locally here on jl's only.
Quote 0 0
winslow
I forgot the W6s...DVC with dual 6 ohm coils and a pole piece would be a W6.

The older JL 15s and 18s had the dimpled cones, all series had the same cones. Manville has stated this in the past.

Only real way to know is to take the out of the bax and look at them, then use what I told you above to determine which series they are.
Quote 0 0
bassfreek17
my 18 w6 i had was very smooth but like kenneth said to many hands could have been on them. the 18 w6 was nice but it couldn't take enough power. the jl website should have pics of them, some will be under the disc. stuff, but you'll have to take them out to see.
Quote 0 0
porkchop
the guy asked me to install them for him today so im gonna pull them out of the box and try to figure out what thay are using all the information provided.he is gonna buy a 1000 watt kicker amp from someone else.so im gonna need to know what the coil config is to get the most out of the amp. hopefully what ever thay are thay can handle it.im sure thay be ok as long as all the gains are set correctley. i dunno i guess well see
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy