Skaz
Hi guys!

I just got an DD Z15 but I ve no idea what box size i should try for db drag, may one of you has some experiences with this sub.

Thanks a lot!

skaz
Quote 0 0
bass-ically bad
Pulse car audio is running 1 z15 in a geo metro doing almost 158 db with 2 powerbass 5000 amps.
Quote 0 0
Skaz
WoOw thats AWSOME!
Do you have an idea about the boxsize and port size?
I ve a Honda Civic FK2 2006 European Edition. (HatchBack)

*greetings from austria*
Skaz
Quote 0 0
bass-ically bad
I'm not sure but Ric from Pulse car audio is a member on this site, maybe he will let you know.
Quote 0 0
Gavin
you got a top of the line competition woofer and now you don't know what type of box to use?? You got to be kidding............right? j/k ok I don't use that woofer but... I would check dd's site first and see what they suggest. Most people use a ported box, simple and easy to build starting with what DD suggests. then you need to find the car's freq, after that, the fun starts....tune box to that freq or darn close to it and test.

I'm sure some of the Pro's will step in and give you some guidance. Good luck and keep us posted. also post pics of the build if possible.
Quote 0 0
Pulse Car Audio
hello all!

The Boswell's Geo Metro has one DDz15 dual 2 woofer. One Batcap 8400 14volt battery. Two Powerbass XTA5000d strapped. Charging thanks to Excessive Amperage.

box is actually a very simple ported design with waveguides in the right spot. sub up, port to the passenger side. 7cubes. that's what I built in that car... but this box most likely will not work for your car... the box is built from 3/4" Birch and resined inside and out, then waxed inside and out with IBIZ car wax. This keeps the box rise kinda high, but also lets the air get out of the box VERY fast.

our best score so far is a 157.1dB sealed on the dash.

next upgrade is stepping from 14volt to 16volt.
Quote 0 0
Skaz
Hi!
Thanks for the answers.
All in all I am still a "beginner" I just had the luck to get a Z15 and a Z1a Amp very very cheap so I had to take it.
Last year I made my first DB experiances with a 9512 @ Steg K2.04 got about 144,5 DB.
Now I have to find a lot of anserwers for all my questions. Like box size, powersupply and so on.
Actually I have a 5,4 cubic ft box with an 68 sq in Port - it works perfect for music, but now i want to build a DB Drag Box.

Of corse I will post sme pics.

http://hifi-prophecy.net/doku.php?id=hifi:umbauten:honda:honda_civic:main

http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/3743/img0614q.jpg

*EDIT* I m planing to get 3 x Stinger SP2150 should be enough or what do you think?
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
I would guess probaby about 3.5cf
Quote 0 0
Master Yoda
try sub up port up and go from there! you will have to do a lot of testing if that car is close to a Ford Focus then it should peak around 52Hz or so keep in mind for Drag then you will have a lot of things to build the box around!!
Quote 0 0
PSYCHOACOUSTICS
Quote:
Originally posted by Pulse Car Audio:
hello all!

The Boswell's Geo Metro has one DDz15 dual 2 woofer. One Batcap 8400 14volt battery. Two Powerbass XTA5000d strapped. Charging thanks to Excessive Amperage.

box is actually a very simple ported design with waveguides in the right spot. sub up, port to the passenger side. 7cubes. that's what I built in that car... but this box most likely will not work for your car... the box is built from 3/4" Birch and resined inside and out, then waxed inside and out with IBIZ car wax. This keeps the box rise kinda high, but also lets the air get out of the box VERY fast.

our best score so far is a 157.1dB sealed on the dash.

next upgrade is stepping from 14volt to 16volt.
any more info on the "waveguides"? pics, explanations?
Quote 0 0
Skaz
thx for the answers i think I will try the 3.5cf - tuned to 45 herz.
Quote 0 0
dkmst23
i have a ford aspire 147.4 (2000 Watts) and kia sportage 148+ (2000 Watts) which both have long hatchs sub up and port to side with the biggest box possible with 2 6" areo's side ports allow good air flow out just make sure you have half the port width for clerance on side of box
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy