soxfan622
Hey everyone: what do you think is the GREATEST Car Audio Brand, EVER???
Quote 0 0
Andy Jones
Funky Pup.

Dog is holding a surf board. You can't beat that.
Quote 0 0
AQIntrepid
Sony Explode. Period.
Quote 0 0
David Lawrence
Personal Favorites are Alpine, Zapco and Dynaudio oh and the now defunct Shocker formerly Atomic Thunder.
Quote 0 0
tekk45
Wanna see what can be done with some sony Xplode equipment? Or for that matter Pyramid. I think you might be surprised. American Bass is what I run and I'd say not only has it come a long way but is headed in the right direction. We should have a "junk" equipment SPL challenge. Low cost equipment considered to be junk by most people. Any thoughts?
Quote 0 0
ericw313
I used to run rockford fosgate back in the day my favorite was the punch 150 and punch 500 amps that was the good old days to this day i have not seen any used for sale.
Quote 0 0
loud tercell
Myself i would have to say strokers ,usamps 2000x, shocker, are my old school favorites. Americanbass is what i have ran and supported since 2002 and will run until they are no longer.
Quote 0 0
Exile son of Exodus
That would be interesting, I'm thinking power acoustic. I can get the gothic series 2600 for $209. I've built some garbage systems that shouldn't have hit like they did.
Quote 0 0
RFVega115
Quote:
Originally posted by ericw313:
I used to run Rockford Fosgate back in the day.. my favorite was the Punch 150
Still faithfully running 2
Quote 0 0
RFVega115
Quote:
Originally posted by loud tercell:
Myself.. I would have to say Strokers
Old School Cerwin Vega.. mainly because they are the innovative pioneers of subwoofer bass
Quote 0 0
AQIntrepid
Quote:
Originally posted by tekk45:
Wanna see what can be done with some sony Xplode equipment? Or for that matter Pyramid. I think you might be surprised. American Bass is what I run and I'd say not only has it come a long way but is headed in the right direction. We should have a "junk" equipment SPL challenge. Low cost equipment considered to be junk by most people. Any thoughts?
Oh I know man! I was so poor when I first started 18 years ago that I learned to build using old home stereo subs. I actually had a system with 2 12 inch Jaguar subs (swap meet specials) running on 2 amps I hacked from sparkomatic bass tubes!! lol...

I have a friend running 3 of the red surround vegas and a jensen 1000 watt amp in an explorer that is NICE.

How would you break it down? by cost of speaker? Or everyone use the same sub?
Quote 0 0
Exile son of Exodus
Oh I know man! I was so poor when I first started 18 years ago that I learned to build using old home stereo subs. I actually had a system with 2 12 inch Jaguar subs (swap meet specials) running on 2 amps I hacked from sparkomatic bass tubes!! lol...

Sparkomatic and home stereo subs, oh the memories of simpler timers!! lol
Quote 0 0
AQIntrepid
^^^ If you can get loud with that kinda junk chances are you can get loud with anything! Of course back then loud wasnt all that loud.
Quote 0 0
tekk45
Pick like 5 brands that are considered to be junk and run it. Pyramid, Pyle, Dual, Vr3 soundlabs, roadmaster....whatever. I personally would try 6 Pyramid DVC 12's on 12 300watt booster/eq's. I have to wonder what kind of voltage they can take and what kind of power they can put out. I mean talk about a CHEAP SS5+ setup....lol Anyone wanna bet it could break a 150?
Quote 0 0
Nightshade
Quote:
Originally posted by tekk45:
Pick like 5 brands that are considered to be junk and run it. Pyramid, Pyle, Dual, Vr3 soundlabs, roadmaster....whatever. I personally would try 6 Pyramid DVC 12's on 12 300watt booster/eq's. I have to wonder what kind of voltage they can take and what kind of power they can put out. I mean talk about a CHEAP SS5+ setup....lol Anyone wanna bet it could break a 150?
I'm sure that you could break a 150 with some of the worst equiptment out there. Your great knowledge of spl would no doubt help you get there. Also depending on what kind of vehicle you used would be a great factor as well. If it's a trunk car then I'd say it's going to be much harder to achieve. If it were an extended cab pickup then I'd say no problem as well if it were a hatchback or suv.

Eric, weren't you the one who ran a pair of Roadmaster 8's in tubes in your Crx at one point and bassraced a 140 something?
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy