RF is the greatest ever.
Quote 0 0
spanker
RF 250M still using after 8 years,and still pounding
Quote 0 0
RFVega115
Quote:
Originally posted by AQIntrepid:
I have a friend running 3 of the red surround Vegas and a Jensen 1000 watt amp in an Explorer that is NICE.
Subs like that really deserve a better amp

Quote:
Originally posted by AQIntrepid:
Of course back then, loud wasn't all that loud
Subjective
Quote 0 0
21LBSOFBOOST
oh boy. nobody mentioned craig powerplay lol
had two of their big eq boosters on some home speaks(sansui) in a corolla. we loved it.

american bass has never let me down ftw
Quote 0 0
Exile son of Exodus
Quote:
Originally posted by 21LBSOFBOOST:
oh boy. nobody mentioned craig powerplay lol
had two of their big eq boosters on some home speaks(sansui) in a corolla. we loved it.
Those eq boosters were really something. I had a $20 K-mart tape deck that sounded like a $20 K-mart tape deck, but I hooked up the booster and it was incredible. Ok maybe not incredible but it was loud.
Quote 0 0
bignoiz
Jensen with their 6x9 triaxals woohoo
along with a idi shotgun 40w max powerbooster of course
Quote 0 0
tekk45
Quote:
Originally posted by Nightshade:
Quote:
quote:
Originally posted by tekk45:
Pick like 5 brands that are considered to be junk and run it. Pyramid, Pyle, Dual, Vr3 soundlabs, roadmaster....whatever. I personally would try 6 Pyramid DVC 12's on 12 300watt booster/eq's. I have to wonder what kind of voltage they can take and what kind of power they can put out. I mean talk about a CHEAP SS5+ setup....lol Anyone wanna bet it could break a 150?
I'm sure that you could break a 150 with some of the worst equiptment out there. Your great knowledge of spl would no doubt help you get there. Also depending on what kind of vehicle you used would be a great factor as well. If it's a trunk car then I'd say it's going to be much harder to achieve. If it were an extended cab pickup then I'd say no problem as well if it were a hatchback or suv.

Eric, weren't you the one who ran a pair of Roadmaster 8's in tubes in your Crx at one point and bassraced a 140 something?
I ran 2 VFL 10's on 2 500.1's in the 140-149.9 class. I ran 2 AB DX 10's in a t-line on an MTX 1501D in the 130-139.9 class. I was able to do a mid 30's burp and run in 120-129.9 with 4 Roadmaster 8's on an Audiobahn A8002T at 4 ohms per channel plus reactive. The vehicles are a CRX, Pontiac Grand Am, and a VW Golf.
Quote 0 0
Gavin
Quote:
Wanna see what can be done with some sony Xplode equipment? Or for that matter Pyramid. I think you might be surprised. American Bass is what I run and I'd say not only has it come a long way but is headed in the right direction. We should have a "junk" equipment SPL challenge. Low cost equipment considered to be junk by most people. Any thoughts?
Now I think that would be fun to see.
Quote 0 0
Nightshade
Quote:
Originally posted by Gavin:
Quote:
quote:
Wanna see what can be done with some sony Xplode equipment? Or for that matter Pyramid. I think you might be surprised. American Bass is what I run and I'd say not only has it come a long way but is headed in the right direction. We should have a "junk" equipment SPL challenge. Low cost equipment considered to be junk by most people. Any thoughts?
Now I think that would be fun to see.
We could make it that the only equiptment that would be legal for the competition would have to be purchased at Best Buy, Walmart, Auto Zone, or other big retail chains that sell low quality mobile electronics.

I'd try it for fun. Maybe just make it that only the subs and amps have to be purchased from there so it doesn't cost a ton for people to have to buy all new decks, wire, batts, deadener, and other stuff like that that you would already have installed in the vehicle.

Anyone wanna try it? Just think at the look on some people's faces when they see the numbers that some of us can put up still with less than optimal equiptment. Some faces would look like this When their DD or whatever is getting beat by Sony or Alpine equiptment.
Quote 0 0
Mrspl1582
check out grass roots motorsports $20XX challenge. The participants have to build a car for the same dollar as the current year(or less ie in 2009 the max was $2009) they have a roadcourse race, a drag race and a concourse. They must present build books recipts etc. to the judges. You have to use your mind and elbow grease not just your checkbook. Maybe the same could be done with car audio. You only have $2010 to build the complete stereo and charging system then be judged on install quality, spl, and sq. I think it could be a winner. BTW the top cars in the grm challenge run mid to low 10's for under 2k!
Quote 0 0
toaster
Linear Power. Best amps ever made.
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy