bdunn23
heres a really good qwuestion and i dont know what to do my setup is in a 2000 cavalier and its firing forward towards the back seat and i was thinking about sealing it off but when i do my spl passes im allowed to open my trunk which somehow i gain anywhere from 3-4 db now if i seal it off will i gian anything or would i suffer a huge loss
Quote 0 0
PeteS
Your gain is most likely due to wave canaletion....or lack of when trunk is open.

A little more info on subs,amp(s) and encloser would help shed some light on this.
Quote 0 0
bubgoesboom
^^^^what he said
Quote 0 0
bdunn23
I have 2 10 inch crossfire xs spl subs they are custom built and right now im under powering them with 2000 watts rms they call for 4000 rms and 16000 watt burps my encloser is vented and its tuned at 47 hertz i think
Quote 0 0
bdunn23
do you need more information still cause i cant get pics for awhile
Quote 0 0
pimpin at my house
looked up ur sub it is 2000rms, 5000max 240oz magnet with 3"coil.

take some pix of ur trunk this will help us get u louder
Quote 0 0
bdunn23
my subs are custom built and i only know of one other person that has them they are a mix between the xs subs and the xs spls crossfire told me they handle 7500 watt burps and as far as my trunk theirs not much too see my box takes up the hole trunk and my subs are facing the front of the car and my amps are on the back of the box and i have my battiers on the left side of the box and its tuned too 49 hertz and i get over a 4db gain at 49 hz which is my cars peak frequency we are putting pvc on the back of the vent and using allthread and resin and we have already used filler and rounded off all of the edges and used 45 degree angles in all the corners of the box and we might apply some soundeadner as well im just tryinmg to get an idea of how much louder i can get with double the xmax 3.5 times the power which im hitting a 144.6 AT 39hz which is 10 hz off from my boxes peak frequency and my cars peak frequency so once i give them the power they need I should see a huge gain and with all the stuff ive still got to do to the box which is the resin, all thread, sound deadner and pvc and adding a 3rd board to the vent on the inside of the box Im hoping to get a 151 in my class do you guys think its going to happen

[ 09-02-2008, 12:33 PM: Message edited by: bdunn23 ]
Quote 0 0
bdunn23
basicly im just wanting to know if anyone has had any luck with sealing up a trunk with a similar situation to mine if not i will just use some silicone or something to seal it then if i lose dbs i will peel it off and then put the coverboard on
Quote 0 0
pimpin at my house
once ya seal er up ur frequency will change.
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy