Ber
I've been out of the scene for a while, well over 5 years, but have been getting the itch again. I used to run Infinity Reference and/or Infinity Kappa, depending on the vehicle. I also used to have a set of Vifa 8" mid-bass drivers, but I don't think that they'd work in my current vehicle w/o some modification & that's not currently an option.

Throughout the years, I've run Modal, Vifa, Focal, Blaupunkt, Polk, Infinity, Kicker, AudioArt, Fosgate, Alpine, CV, etc. But, anymore, I'm not sure what's even out there or what lines from what brands to look into.

If I do end up upgrading the speakers in the truck, it'll probably be on a budget and something that I can snag from Crutchfield or Best Buy. I'd love to go with Focal, Rainbow or something of that caliber, but I have no illusions of such a build.

Daily driver. 2003 Montero Sport. 6.5" component speakers in front door (mid-bass & tweeter). 6.5" coaxial in rear door. Bone-stock speakers, HU, no amp.

I have an AudioArt 340.6 sitting in my basement that I wouldn't mind using for this build. That could send up to 70 WRMS to the speakers.

I'm open to ideas, but need to stay within a reasonable budget.

Many thanks in advance!!
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
boston proSE are pretty nice, but may be above what you want to spend.
rockford's new series of Power T1 components have pretty good midbass
Quote 0 0
orlandoman
Boston Acoustics
CDT Audio
Hertz Audio
Hybrid Audio Technologies
Morel

Well even lower line of Boston Acoustics are good to depending how much power you wanna run, speaker depth and how much you wanna spend to.
Quote 0 0
MREZSTREET
I like the entry level hybrid. 6.5 com/coax that sounds amazing with anything I demo them with! 299 is what I retail them at..... With 50-150 watts they are better than and 599 set of comps I have ever listing to in about 17 years.
Quote 0 0
MREZSTREET
And just a FYI the clarion mids are great for the $ if the hybrids are too much
Quote 0 0
Rich'00
I'm in the same boat as OP so any other suggestions?
Quote 0 0
ssluke
hybrid lagatta
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
for a ford with 5x7/6x8 locations, I'm a big fan of the Hertz Energy ECX570.4 coaxial. The have great midbass if you seal the door with some hushmat/dynamat. We've been doing a lot of these and they are a great coaxial for that size. Doing an 07 Sportrac today with a couple pair and an Excelon XR5S amp.
Quote 0 0
ssluke
http://b2-audio.com/speakers.html

i got some of theese in today
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy