splfrek
are they out yet? is there a plan to release them anytime soon? I want too build for street stock but not without the new rules
Quote 0 0
AmmoJammo
As I mentioned before, I'm quite sure they are the new rules...

the rule about a wall being a box thats above the height of the backseat wasn't in last years rules...
Quote 0 0
splfrek
every year there is a "new rules release thread" so that is what i was looking for. if these are for sure the new rules it would be nice to know
Quote 0 0
xcetera
I have asked Wayne.
The rules that are out on the webpage now, are the rules we are going to use.
Quote 0 0
AmmoJammo
"Any enclosure that is higher than the top of the backseat (not including the headrest)."?
Quote 0 0
splfrek
AmmoJammo wrote:
"Any enclosure that is higher than the top of the backseat (not including the headrest)."?

thats what i would go with.

It really sucks because the judges read the rules the way they want to.then you have to fight with them about it
Quote 0 0
AmmoJammo
but that's the judges argument that street stock needs a back seat right?
which means super street no wall needs a back seat too....
Quote 0 0
charlyaudio
You have to build within the cargo area behind the seats in their normal position.
After must take into account the distance of 33 cm from the ceiling.
Then they have to take into account the height of the rear seats without headboards.
But always overrides the 33 cms from the ceiling, that can never be violated.
Quote 0 0
splfrek
charlyaudio wrote:
You have to build within the cargo area behind the seats in their normal position.
Then they have to take into account the height of the rear seats without headboards.

yeah I'm going to pass on dbdrag because this is not what the rules say.

rule says normal use b-pillar forward for stock, says normal use trunk forward for trunk cars stock class does not say anything about cargo area at all.
it also says we can do vehicle mods also.

so lets see what other classes have these same rules and dont have back seats???? SS,ss-nw,extreme

this rule needs to be changed or clarified by Wayne because i talked with him and he reads it the same way I do.

street stock is basically SS-NW with a limit on batt and RMS power
Quote 0 0
AmmoJammo
charlyaudio wrote:

I'm not sure if you've even read the rules? They say nothing even remotely close to that for Street Stock class.
Quote 0 0
splfrek
AmmoJammo wrote:
I'm not sure if you've even read the rules? They say nothing even remotely close to that for Street Stock class.

street a/b says "normal use everywhere"
street trunk says "normal use trunk forward"
super street says "normal use b-pillar forward"
huh street stock says "normal use b-pillar forward" BUT we have to build in the cargo area? I dont see where it says that in the rules.anywhere in the rules
if this was the case should it not say "normal use cargo area forward" just as it says "normal use trunk forward" for trunk class????
drag is closed this week but come Monday morning i will be calling Wayne about this and make sure he post's something about the rule this time.
Quote 0 0
charlyaudio
In the previous post I tried to simplify as to build.

In matrix specifications in the class "street stock" wayne normal use would have to change everywhere to avoid confusion.

Rule 3.9 The seats can be folded for competition, but can not be removed from the vehicle. Competitors who fold their seats must be able to demonstrate that the installation of the sound system does not interfere with the normal functioning of the seats that were folded.

Build out of the loading area would violate this point.
Quote 0 0
splfrek
charlyaudio wrote:
In the previous post I tried to simplify as to build.

In matrix specifications in the class "street stock" wayne normal use would have to change everywhere to avoid confusion.

Rule 3.9 The seats can be folded for competition, but can not be removed from the vehicle. Competitors who fold their seats must be able to demonstrate that the installation of the sound system does not interfere with the normal functioning of the seats that were folded.

Build out of the loading area would violate this point.

problem is i already talked with Wayne harris and he told me i can build behind the b-pillar with or with out a rear seat. just as long as it dont go past the b-pillar and stay's under the headrest of the front seat
Quote 0 0
AmmoJammo
There's nothing in the street stock rules about building ON the rear seat, even if you do read them badly...

"Rule 3.9 The seats can be folded for competition, but can not be removed from the vehicle. Competitors who fold their seats must be able to demonstrate that the installation of the sound system does not interfere with the normal functioning of the seats that were folded."

If the seats already in its upright, locked position, you meet this rule.
Quote 0 0
dB Drag Feldjaeger
OK Guys, here is the final decision

Street Stock
Backseats has to remain in place
Backseat can be foldet for competition
Enclousures can build till higest point of the Frontseat (without headrests)
(EDIT)Audio equipment has to fit in the cargo area when Backseats will folded back in normal Posititon..
Enclosures has to fit in the cargo area when Backseats will folded back in normal Posititon..
Normal Use B-Pillar forward

This is final.
[37309a0]

RETIRED certified 4X Head Judge dB Drag Racing & Bass Race

dBDRA Staff Member/ Head Judge
World Finals Head Judge  &  European Finals Head Judge
     WF XI, XIII, XIV,                         EF '05, '12, '13

Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy