txrt
I have about $350 to spend on a pair of 12's. They will get a little over 1cu. ft each in a sealed box. My maine focus is spl... with that being said, this is a daily driver so i dont want a sub that cant handle playing music SOMEWHAT efficiently.
Here are my choices as of yet
(and feel free to add to the list)
2 - RE SE
2 - diamond audio D6
2 - Massive Audio CW
2 - soundstream t4
2 - db drive (platinum) plw
2 - memphis m3

What would you all buy?
(i would consider SS rl-p but they are too expensive unless anyone knows of someone selling used ones)
(also OZ audio ME are out of the picture b/c they are too deep)
They need to be under 7" in mounting depth

Any feedback is very much appreciated
Quote 0 0
txrt
btw...
They are going in a supercrew truck in a downfire application. The box is able to be a little deeper because i used seat lifters to lift the seat up about 2.5 inches. Max mounting depth is around 6.75"

Again any opinions are appreciated, thanks in advance
Quote 0 0
bluefocuszx4
FI ssd's would be another good choice
Quote 0 0
Too loud for tv
wit ur room id go 1 12 ported. i know 1 12 may not sound impressive but dont let that fool you! ive sat in street beater with just 1 12 and it was nuts! enough to make it hurt ur throat.

and how much power ur gonna run? it hard to give u an good name of subs if we dont know how much power ur planning to run. say if u only had 500 watts then picking an RE MT over an SE or SX would be sensless not only more money but it wount be as loud as ana sub that is geting close to max, X-max.
Quote 0 0
txrt
I am running a jbl 1200.1 ... so 600 rms to ea.
Quote 0 0
txrt
btw thanks for the Fi suggestion .. where can I find prices on the Fi ssd's... anywhere cheaper than http://www.ficaraudio.com?

thanks and keep the comments coming!
Quote 0 0
Defmofo
Quote:
Originally posted by txrt:
btw thanks for the Fi suggestion .. where can I find prices on the Fi ssd's... anywhere cheaper than http://www.ficaraudio.com?

thanks and keep the comments coming!
Those are great prices! Really the only cheaper you are going to find is used if you dont get directly from FI..LOL
Quote 0 0
Defmofo
Or what about RE REs..They are cheap and get loud too..Might be a good choice..Or 1 12 SX not sure just a few suggestions..Go to reaudio.com
Quote 0 0
txrt
How about going about this a different route... can you all look thru the list of subs i have and illiminate the weakest ones? Like if any of yall see any on the list that are clearly inferior to the others

I ask this mainly because I have only had experience with memphis m3's and diamond audio D6's ... the rest are just subs I have read about thru this and other forums.

or even better if you want to... list the top 3 out of my list
Quote 0 0
boommerextreme
The T4 12 are a good choise. They are very forgiven with the travel they have if the box isnt just right.
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy