brown8269
Which amp is the best between the power acoustic BAMF 5500D or the SPL FX1 5500D amp.
Quote 0 0
Gavin
If I remember correctly, one is the main company and the other is like a sub-company. both from the same house. Good entry level amps but don't expect 5k rms from them.
Quote 0 0
tekk45
The PA A3000BD is a waaaaaay better amp.
Quote 0 0
Aaron Bryant
power acoustic owns spl and was the first to come out with it althought they are the same amp inside they just look different id go with the cheaper one cuz i know the shop im at one is cheaper then the other even thought its the same thing
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
one may have more aluminum in the heatsink to get rid of heat better.
one may have more chrome, which actually will make an amp hotter
Quote 0 0
PHILESTER
I would say whichever one is louder in YOUR car. Not all amps make peak power at every freq so really trying them both is the only way to make sure since they spec out similar.
Quote 0 0
rowland
Quote:
Originally posted by tekk45:
The PA A3000BD is a waaaaaay better amp.
yep my old 3000 blows away the 5500
Quote 0 0
bassjunkie
I had the BAMF 5500 and was impressed with the power for the price. I always wanted to go the 3000BD way though.
Quote 0 0
tekk45
We ran a 3000BD@.25 with no issues for burps. On one Interstate battery it made 1800 watts at 10.5 volts. The 3000BD will stomp the not so BAMF amp.
Quote 0 0
Gavin
Quote:
Originally posted by PHILESTER:
I would say whichever one is louder in YOUR car. Not all amps make peak power at every freq so really trying them both is the only way to make sure since they spec out similar.
x2.... so far this is your best honest answer.
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy