crx4spl Show full post »
4 cubes is still pretty big
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
try filling some of the inside to get it around 3.6cf. See if that raises your tuning and score some.
Quote 0 0
BlackIce
Rexes dont like deadener.. smaller box will get that note up, and computer programs are OK but dont take what they say cos they cant measure realworld variables.
Quote 0 0
Quote:
Originally posted by BlackIce:
Rexes dont like deadener.. smaller box will get that note up, and computer programs are OK but dont take what they say cos they cant measure realworld variables.
sorry for the off topic post, but are you from Alberta or Australia?
Quote 0 0
ssluke
Quote:
rexs tend to rip at the hatch if u dont have deadner
Quote 0 0
canadian no-wall
Quote:
Originally posted by ssluke:
Quote:
quote:
you compete with a rex now?
Quote 0 0
Conclusive
My 12 boxes were about 1.25 each.
Quote 0 0
Quote:
Quote:
quote:
I am kind of curious as to where you get these facts from?
Quote 0 0
canadian no-wall
Quote:
Originally posted by .:
Quote:
quote:
Quote:
quote:
I am kind of curious as to where you get these facts from?
his soundstream sponsor told him....Duh!!
Quote 0 0
Conclusive
Huh? I never heard that either and did not have deadener anywhere in the hatch.

OP, your 12 boxes are too large. I would also switch ASAP to DD or like sub. My car went up like crazy just from a drop in switch to DD.

I think every serious CRX competitor will tell you- small box, 6" or larger aeros, and DD subs. All assuming your electrical is up to the task.
Quote 0 0
BlackIce
Quote:
Originally posted by .:
I moved to Alberta a couple of years ago from Australia. I havent competed since coming to Canada but I do own a RHD import 88 CR-X. I'm in Red Deer.

I havent competed with a CRX myself, but I built and tuned a buddies CRX for Street B. It had 1 Z1 (the original version), 2 9512's, 2150 and 3 cube box with a single 10". Subs forward, port back, I spent like 2 weeks building and testing it. He went to one dB Drag, did 152.8dB. Sold the rex, sold the gear, bought a "Show CRX" and never went to another dB Drag.
Quote 0 0
gsaqua
Hi Steve long time no speak I also have a 88 CRX (I still got the Seca)I've just started on the rex 2.2 cube box 240 mm aero 2x APX10's and a SD12KD it's best score is at 59 hz, just finished a 1.85 cube box to try and get the note up
Quote 0 0
Quote:
Quote:
quote:
Originally posted by .:
I moved to Alberta a couple of years ago from Australia. I havent competed since coming to Canada but I do own a RHD import 88 CR-X. I'm in Red Deer.

I havent competed with a CRX myself, but I built and tuned a buddies CRX for Street B. It had 1 Z1 (the original version), 2 9512's, 2150 and 3 cube box with a single 10". Subs forward, port back, I spent like 2 weeks building and testing it. He went to one dB Drag, did 152.8dB. Sold the rex, sold the gear, bought a "Show CRX" and never went to another dB Drag.
Sweet! There is a 2x db drag in Calgary some time in May, I think its the 20th. You should come check it out
Quote 0 0
dbdaddy
At 06 world finals our 88 crx did a 155.6 with 9910's at 54hz.
Quote 0 0
BlackIce
Yeah I think that CRX I worked on peaked around 54hz.. would have been nice to spend some time working on the enclosure volume. But it wasnt my car so what can you do ?

If I come along to a dB Drag it'll be to look.. aparantly a full rollcage knocks you out of street classes

@George, you have PM ;D
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy