Team Prodigy Mike Show full post »
ericw313
I stopped competing cause I was always tired of getting bashed on by people on termpro when I would post pics of my cars or systems. It tends to take the fun out of things when all I am is a nice guy. I don't know a lot about audio and just do it for fun or at least used to think it was fun. Hell people even bash me on facebook who I thought were my friends and teammates at one time as well. Im just a simple guy who likes to boom and have fun. My best bassrace ever was up against Team Prodigy James. If more shows were like that it be worth coming out. I guess when everyone is negative towards you you just lose interest.
Quote 0 0
Team Prodigy Mike
I'm glad everyone is putting ideas out there as to why. Now know one knows the real reason. But with these few ideas. What can we as competitors do to help fix it? I have put so much of my life and time into this hobby. I don't like seeing it fall apart. What should wayne do to fix it? What should the local shop do to help? If we all work together I still feel that this can be turned around.
Quote 0 0
mhart
We need to figure out a way to get Best Buy involved, like Circuit City was back in the day, have demo vehicles there and make a big event out of it. BB carries a lot of major brands, brands that use to care about the sport, maybe it's one of those things where they just need to be asked again. As for the local shop, a price drop or a single sensor way of running 1x pointers would help. What about dB drag "Reps"? have people in each region that go to the shops promote the TL meter and having shows as a way to make money.
Quote 0 0
ssluke
places like best buy and car toys will no longer do shows all they care about is making a dollor , same with future shop , they dont care about the sport they only sell car audio to make a proffit
Quote 0 0
ssluke
i think if more then one shop team up with each other this will bring back more shows say a show splits costs with somone doing a show this way their not stuck with all the costs for trophys feees food etc , also double show weekends motivate ppl to get out and get their pts cus its acutally posible to make finals when theres more then one show going on per weekend in certain areas
Quote 0 0
mhart
I agree with you on Best Buy not doing the show themselves, they should be more of the location for Kicker, Alpine, Polk, etc to run the show.
Quote 0 0
ssluke
car toys used to sponsor a series of shows all over the us every shop would have demo vehicles and they would give away tons of stuff and have the best trophys around all of a sudden they just stopped , weather this was because of a lack of funds coming back i dont no but i think if they teamed up with others to do shows it would be great , even if alpine and other companys would sponsor the events and pay some money it would help out
Quote 0 0
john-hone
i will say one of the reasons i dont like to go to shows anymore is they are boring. it used to be fun. sam always tried to have something fun. dash for cash, ghetto road course, jeprody. he always cracked up on the mic. got crowd participation. did things like play party like a rockstar over and over and over. now its just a bore. nothing. go do a number and wait. it just isnt fun anymore. i could stay home and save my money and be bored at home. sponcers and all that help but come on? what made the shows are the judges. sam, david, steve. they helped make the shows worth going to. what makes a good show a great show is the judge. have a lil fun. get people involved.
Quote 0 0
ssluke
beer garden helps to lol
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy