ShockingCanada Show full post »
amish power
how about "how loud you can go" for 10+ seconds to music on a system that must play from 20 hz- 20khz? have 2 divisions like street and super street (power would be the difference) and the number of woofers would be the classes between the divisions.If there is a tie have the score read three bands (low 20-250, mid 251-2500, high 2501+) and use those as tie breakers. example 2 cars in the same class get 143.1 db then take the mid db average as the tie breaker. think if it was done right people could compete with about anything much like bass race except you wouldnt need volume control lol
Quote 0 0
nice
^ I like this idea. ^
Quote 0 0
PeteS
Quote:
Originally posted by amish power:
how about "how loud you can go" for 10+ seconds to music on a system that must play from 20 hz- 20khz? have 2 divisions like street and super street (power would be the difference) and the number of woofers would be the classes between the divisions.If there is a tie have the score read three bands (low 20-250, mid 251-2500, high 2501+) and use those as tie breakers. example 2 cars in the same class get 143.1 db then take the mid db average as the tie breaker. think if it was done right people could compete with about anything much like bass race except you wouldnt need volume control lol
That would just make things cost more, wasn't that the idea of Pshclone ? I for 1 don't want to be part of a Sq class.
Quote 0 0
THE-SCRAPER
Quote:
Originally posted by Team Shocker Mike:
Personally, I just lost interest in the burp and bass race doesn't do it for me either! Now, if there was something I could get into like deathmatch shows...I'd put money on seeing a lot of old timers from ohio, indiana michigan area make come backs...But, who am I kidding, we all know that will never happen!

burping 80hz farts is gay...more and more people realize that every year! 60hz and down 5 minute deathmatches...YEAH BABY, that would be where it was at!

flame on, I only visit here once in a blue moon and usually don't even post anymore!
YOU FOOLS!!! You shall listen to thee!!!fore the great one has spoken!!!!

WE'RE NOT WORTHY,WE'RE NOT WORTHY!!!
Quote 0 0
TeamSSAudio
As I have not hit up a competition this season, I cannot speak much on this year. But I did a handful last season, each time TerryB putting me at a distant 2nd place in Street A, and for the most part Street A & B, along with the smaller classes were pretty full, in addition to the lower bass race classes. It seemed there were very few Street Max, while the lesser driver amount super street classes seemed to be ok, but other then Jim I can't remember what other extreme vehicles were there (local baltimore area shows). So from what I saw last year, decreasing the number of classes, though it may make the remaining classes more hotly contested, it will give less opportunity for people to find a class they can have a shot in. Not that I have a shot in Street A with Terry still going, but still the point remains for bringing new people into dbdrag.
Quote 0 0
amish power
Quote:
Originally posted by PeteS:
Quote:
quote:
That would just make things cost more, wasn't that the idea of Pshclone ? I for 1 don't want to be part of a Sq class.
thats not anything to do with SQ other than the fact the whole system has to PLAY MUSIC + DO IT FULL RANGE and not just be a 1 note wonder. one of my buddy's from high school is going to open up a shop and his son who is 16 went to a db drag the week he got his DL. they thought drag was dumb but thought bass race was worth a try but they didnt under stand why they didnt score Bass Race as loud as you could go. if you did the classes right you wouldnt have 160 db cars in a lower class. most people get systems to listen too not just burp. what gets more people now bass race or drag? what is the number 1 reason why bass race is doing so well?
Quote 0 0
The Repo Man
Quote:
Quote:
quote:
Quote:
quote:
thats not anything to do with SQ other than the fact the whole system has to PLAY MUSIC + DO IT FULL RANGE and not just be a 1 note wonder. one of my buddy's from high school is going to open up a shop and his son who is 16 went to a db drag the week he got his DL. they thought drag was dumb but thought bass race was worth a try but they didnt under stand why they didnt score Bass Race as loud as you could go. if you did the classes right you wouldnt have 160 db cars in a lower class. most people get systems to listen too not just burp. what gets more people now bass race or drag? what is the number 1 reason why bass race is doing so well?
I agree 100%. Bass Race is appealing to newcomers to the sport because there is a class for everyone. You abilty and control of your system decides whether or not your the winner.

In Drag it is pretty much Equipment ,Installers Experience and the Car that determine the outcome of the competition.

Not to mention Bass Race is flat out addicting!
Quote 0 0
PeteS
Quote:
Originally posted by TEAM SCHWARTZ:
Quote:
quote:
Quote:
quote:
Quote:
quote:
I agree 100%. Bass Race is appealing to newcomers to the sport because there is a class for everyone. You abilty and control of your system decides whether or not your the winner.

In Drag it is pretty much Equipment ,Installers Experience and the Car that determine the outcome of the competition.

I find working on my build to be more fun that driveing around beating loud.

I also gather that you have never had the itch to squeak an extra .1 out of your build though hard work and learing.

Some times the build is more fun than the finshed product. It's like building a hot rod...once it's done time to find a new 1.
Quote 0 0
The Repo Man
Quote:
Quote:
quote:
Originally posted by TEAM SCHWARTZ:
Quote:
quote:
Quote:
quote:
Quote:
quote:

I find working on my build to be more fun that driveing around beating loud.

I also gather that you have never had the itch to squeak an extra .1 out of your build though hard work and learing.

Some times the build is more fun than the finshed product. It's like building a hot rod...once it's done time to find a new 1.
For me the build is more fun, I spent all my spare time for 3 solid weeks putting my truck together. I loved it, everything came together just in time to test it.

As far as the itch to squeeze every tenth of a decibel out of my current setup that is possible. Your right, Its not my top priority. I am happy with it the way it is. I may build something more competitive on the meter next year.
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy