chuey_316
I've had a Lanzar 1800d for a couple weeks, and recently it started getting quieter, as if the amp was only pushing half power, then it would be fine again.

Now the sound just cuts out completly, and I have to tap on the amps heatsink to get it to work, but it cuts back out after a moment, or a bump. When the amp does come on, it's not that loud anymore, back to the "half power" sound.

Also, when the sound cuts out the amp still has power, and it is not in protection.

I removed the cover, and tapped/applied light pressure to all the fets, transistors, and chips as well, and tapped on the board. None of these things worked, but a tap on the heatsink does it every time.

Any ideas what the problem may be?

[ 01-26-2010, 01:12 AM: Message edited by: chuey_316 ]
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
probably one of the two rca's is going bad.
Quote 0 0
chuey_316
Would that cut out all sound though if it were only one? Right now there is no sound at all unless I smack the amp. I've tried moving the rca plugs around, giving them a wiggle, but it didn't help any.
Quote 0 0
chuey_316
Anymore ideas? I'd like to get this amp working, but I have no clue what to look for. I have decent soldering skills, just don't know where to start.
Quote 0 0
chuey_316
Time to drag this thread back from the dead.

I took the 1800d out of my truck, and have been using a little 150 watt jensen(yuck) which actually thumps pretty good with the abc, but that's a different topic.

Saturday, I upgraded my power and ground wires and put the 1800 back in the truck to see if it would work since my ground wire/hookup was less than optimal.

The power led comes on, and the fan runs, but there is no sound at all from the subs. I'm pretty sure the rca's are fine, since the other amp worked fine an hour before.

Tomorrow I'm gonna break out the dmm if time allows. Figure I'll check the voltage between power and ground, voltage at rca's, and check the speaker terminals. Anything else in particular that I should be looking at?
Quote 0 0
chuey_316
We'll I got bored and decided to look at it tonight. The battery in my dmm is dead, so it wasn't much help. I did check the power and ground though, by running a jumper direct from the 1800's + and - to the smaller amp, and it powered up fine. There is also power going through all 4 fuses.

So now I know the amp is getting power to the terminals and fuses, and that the rca's are good.

I'll get a new battery tomorrow to test the output from the speaker terminals, and will check out anything that any of you may suggest.
Quote 0 0
pimpin at my house
dbass is talking the rca's on the pcb not the one's running thru ur car...
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy