Been Jamin
Anybody know anything about this? Just recently my computer started displaying an error message when It loads. something about an error with windows genuine advantage. And right along with that my IE6 will no longer load.

So I figure to fix it I will just download IE7. There I finally see that IE7 uses genuine advantage to scan and see if my copy of windows is authentic. Well, IE7 would not install, giving an additional error message.

Now my computer will not boot past this genuine advantage error reporting message.
I have no idea if my copy of windows is authentic, I bought it used from a mom and pop computer store.
Anybody know a way around this?
Quote 0 0
Bryan Gibson
nope. If you bought it used, then the person that verified it first gets the rights to it. You will have to buy a new copy of windows to get it to authorize further upgrading of windows.
Quote 0 0
Bryan Gibson
well, something you might can try is try to system restore to the time before you first saw the message. That program sucks and it never works for me but it might for you. You will never be able to update windows until you get a new copy or version
Quote 0 0
Iconoclast
download XP pro

problem solved
Quote 0 0
AudioBumZ
taken from the Microsoft Website

Quote:
What is the genuine Windows offer?

Q:         What is the genuine Windows offer?
A:        
The Microsoft genuine Windows offer is designed to help customers who unknowingly purchased counterfeit versions of Windows XP by offering those who qualify a complimentary copy or electronic license key for a genuine copy of Windows XP.

Q:         What are the details of the genuine Windows offer?
A:        
To help customers who unknowingly purchased a counterfeit version of Windows XP, Microsoft has created two genuine Windows offers for those who qualify:

* Complimentary offer: Microsoft will make a complimentary copy of Windows XP available to customers who have been sold counterfeit Windows. Customers will be required to submit a proof of purchase, the counterfeit CD, and a counterfeit report with details of their purchase. Only high-quality counterfeit Windows will qualify for the complimentary offer.
* Electronic License Key Offer: Microsoft will offer an alternative for customers who find out via the WGA validation process that they are not running genuine Windows, but do not qualify for, or choose not to take advantage of, the complimentary offer. These customers will be able to license a Windows Genuine Advantage Kit for Windows XP online for a price of $99 for Windows XP Home edition or $149 for Windows XP Professional. The Windows Genuine Advantage Kit for Windows XP will include a new 25-character Product Key and a Windows Product Key Update tool that will allow customers to convert their counterfeit copy to genuine Windows XP electronically.

Q:         How is the Windows Genuine Advantage Kit for Windows XP different from the product available from resellers?
A:        
Windows Genuine Advantage Kit for Windows XP is packaged differently and is only distributed by Microsoft directly to customers who qualify for the genuine Windows offer. It is not intended for resale.

Q:         Can I install updates for Windows XP if am using Windows Genuine Advantage Kit for Windows XP?
A:        
Yes.
Quote 0 0
AudioBumZ
I knowingly ran couterfeit Windows XP Pro on my machine for many years. I recently decided to get a legit copy and decided to do it as mentioned above through Microsoft's Genuine advantage program. Since I was running XP Pro, it costed me $140 to obtain a valid Licensed Key Code, which I had at the end of my checkout. The keycode is on your online receipt for payment. After you get it, all you have to do is update and validate your copy once you change the key code.

About 5-6 days after I did this process, a full copy of Windows XP Pro arrived in the mail on disc, with SP2 already on it.

No need to reinstall anything since my copy is now legal and validated.

If you can provided receipts and documentation of your said computer, bought from mom and pop store, Microsoft may provide you with a copy at no charge.
Quote 0 0
Been Jamin
Thanks for the info.
Quote 0 0
james33440
or just search the net for the crack. believe me, they are all over the net. you just have to search.
Quote 0 0
deaf tones
repost

http://audioforum.termpro.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=38;t=019123

Quote:
Originally posted by james33440:
or just search the net for the crack. believe me, they are all over the net. you just have to search.
ps - crack don't work anymore.
Quote 0 0
Luin Haden
PM sent
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy