HISPL
Hi Folks!

I have very little experience with wicked one enclosures and would appreciate some advice!

From what I understand mounting depth is an issue for the woofers and space can be tight.

The enclosure will have 36 inch dimensions for height, width and depth.

Can anyone let me know what mounting depth will be available, and what specs I should be looking for in the woofers?

This is the first time I have strayed away from sealed or ported enclosures so anyone with some experience with these enclosures please chime in!

Mates who have had these enclosures have found that they are super efficient but lack low end output and that is my seat of the pants experience is this what I should expect?

Cheers!

Adam
Quote 0 0
So_Lo_Saturn
The box is universal but I think the qts has to be high like .4 or higher. I've built 2 boxes. 1 was for 2 12" hollywood Excursion 1240D. box was 36" x 13.5" x 24". This one was for my brother he liked it. I never heard it. The 2nd one was 36" x 11.5" x 36" it was for 2 10" Lightning Audio bolt series. I built it for the house but couldn't convince my wife to put it in the living room so it's in the garage. My brother heard my box & he said mine had my lowend than his. My brother was running 1,000 watts to his & I was running 50 x 2 watts home amp to mine. I have pictures on my sounddomain page. I have seen wicked one's for 15" but mounting depth was very tight.

[ 06-03-2010, 02:20 AM: Message edited by: So_Lo_Saturn ]
Quote 0 0
HISPL
Thanks for the input!

Anyone else got something for me?

Adam
Quote 0 0
dkmst23
kove kew 2 12" works great can have low if tuned right it is tuned by adjusting the sealed end
Quote 0 0
HISPL
Cheers guys!

The mounting depth of the Kove KEW2 woofers looks to be about 5.5 inches so it looks like my options are pretty limited in terms of woofer selection.

Might look at something like the RE SL 12s if this is the case... my mate had a single DD2515 in his but I need more output than that.

Any thoughts?
Quote 0 0
dkmst23
I had the kove in the wo that is how i know i built three of them i put the kove in a station wagon and loved it
Quote 0 0
tekk45
Does that box need a woofer best suited for a 4th order bandpass?
Quote 0 0
So_Lo_Saturn
Quote:
Originally posted by tekk45:
Does that box need a woofer best suited for a 4th order bandpass?
the speaker has to work in sealed box or 4th order. It's a basic universal design.
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
find something with a lower EBP
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy