db xTc
Where can I find records and competitor scores for idbl?

Didn't see anything on the IASCA site, am I blind?
Only event information I could find was SQ scores from past events.

Thanks for any help
Quote 0 0
Derrick824
You can find some of this years scores here on termpro.
http://www.termpro.com/asp/lb.asp?Org_ID=4

2011 idbl top 10
http://www.iasca.com/m/news/view/-The-2010-IdBL-Top-10-List-

2011 bass boxing top 10
http://www.iasca.com/m/news/view/-The-2010-Bass-Boxing-Top-10-List-
Quote 0 0
db xTc
Thanks for the info. Why are all the scores from other countries???? I was going to build for stock 1 and moonlight in NSPL. Now that it looks like there are no US competitors, I might build for NSPL instead.

Decisions. Decisions. 10's or 12's or 15's....
Quote 0 0
CookieMonster
Quote:
Originally posted by db xTc:
Thanks for the info. Why are all the scores from other countries???? I was going to build for stock 1 and moonlight in NSPL. Now that it looks like there are no US competitors, I might build for NSPL instead.

Decisions. Decisions. 10's or 12's or 15's....
Iasca records can only be set at a 3x World Record Event. Only one typically held here in the US is at SBN. The Europeans hold big record events throughout the year.
Quote 0 0
db xTc
Wait, WTF???

I gotta drive to Florida for a 3x event???

That sucks, who is running IASCA these days? Do the realize that there are 50 states and many of them are nowhere near florida. I don't mind drive to a finals event, but they should have a 3x in each region.

Should I bail on IASCA and just build for NSPL instead?
I keep trying to get serious and start competing again, but keep running into roadblocks.
Quote 0 0
CookieMonster
Iasca, just like every organization needs promoters and event directors.

I'm in SC and there are no Iasca and very little Db Drag event within a 4-6 hr drive.

So, I started hosting them myself.

3x events would not be a issue if the competitors would turn out to support.

I barely can afford to do 1x events for Iasca and Db Drag these days.

Look at some of the results from SC/NC shows. Very little turnout so it's hard to justify spending the time and money to host big events.
Quote 0 0
jlh2003
IASCA does have more then one 3x a year, there was a 3x at NSPL finals in NC, a 3x In Tunica MS and a 3X for regionals in FL this coming weekend.

At the 3X I was at in Tunica 4 people ran, 2 for spl and 2 for Sq..

Walt's 100% right if more competitors would come out then promoters would be able to have bigger events
Quote 0 0
Moonie
its hard to get people out....you have to promote it and push it....we had 30 entreies this weekend at our single point event
Quote 0 0
Moe Sabourin
Cookie Monster and jlh are correct, we've had a number of 3X events this year and planning on a lot more for next year.

We had a 3X in Nashville in August... 1 competitor showed up. We had a 3X in Tunica. MS in September... 2 competitors showed up.

We were planning for a whole host of 3X events along the east coast for 2012 as well (15 events total), but with that kind of turnout at shows, we'd be out of business.

So we're approaching it from a different perspective; we have key guys in many states across the country who are fully capable of hosting 3X IdBL and Bass Boxing events and we'll be working with them to get those events going in 2012 all across the country.

But in order to keep these shows going, we need more than one or two competitors coming out and supporting the events.

So db xTc, don't give up on us because you only heard of one event.

And you can always find a list of our IdBL and Bass Boxing Top 10 on the left hand side of the home page; scroll down a couple of lines and you'll see the Top 10 logo there; then, click on either the Bass Boxing or IdBL logo to get the Top 10 for that format.

We're associated with 34 countries worldwide and these other countries support; they usually have between 100 and 150 cars at each event. Hell, I was in Thailand a couple weeks ago and there were 250 SPL competitors there.

That's why it seems that they're the only ones on the list...

Hope this helps clarify,

Moe
Quote 0 0
Team Prodigy Mike
What part of pa. Are you in. I judge iasca in the west side of pa. And ohio. There is a judge over by harrisburgh pa too. If you have any questions please e mail me any time. I will help you out anyway I can.
Quote 0 0
db xTc
I live in Scranton. I have family in Pitt and Meadville, would give me an excuse to make the trip.

Thanks for the responses. I would love to see more shows in the area. Scott has been hosting them here and there. Seems like finding locations to host events is an obstacle locally.

I have lots of money and time into my build. I decided to stick with a stock 1 build. I just want to know that sticking with 10's was the right choice.
Quote 0 0
Moe Sabourin
My philosophy is and has always been that a person should build their system for their own personal use first and foremost, then tweak it for competition.

If you like your system with 10s, then go with it!
Quote 0 0
Team Prodigy Mike
I know that area a little. Call scott up and see what you need to do to get a few more shows lined up. I am trying to get 2 more put together before the end of the year. But with the new baby, free time is hard to come by right now.
Quote 0 0
db xTc
Family comes first, I know it's tough especially with holidays coming soon. I work retail, so I have zero time off during nov/dec. I never get to enjoy my fam during the holidays.

Scott said he would should have enough shows for me to get to finals, so I should be okay for the 2012 season. Whenever it starts.
Quote 0 0
Moe Sabourin
I know Scott is having a show this weekend on Sunday... not sure where, we're having internet issues at the office so he may not be able to get through right away.

But we'll get it up on the Termpro site asap.

Thanks,

Moe
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy