Emil
l have a laptop with the wrong chipset so l can`t run TL and there is no pcmica slotport on that computer.

Is there any other way to fix that problem????

l will not buy a new computer.
the chipset is a Intel(R) 5 Series/3400 Series Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller - 3B3C on a HP g72 laptop
Quote 0 0
Wayne Harris
Emil,

The problem you are describing is rare. Most manufacturers addressed this issue long ago. Unfortunately, there is no way to make the system work if there is a problem with the USB chipset.

Have you confirmed that your TL will work on another computer. I believe the first step is to use a process of elimination to determine absolutely if the problem is with the computer.
Keep it Loud! Make me Proud!
[1396a0]
Quote 0 0
Emil
It works fine on a laptop with win xp on. But the hard drive on that computer is not good so l can`t use it.
My new computer is a HP G72. When l use TL on that computer it frez up and the clock on TL will not start. There is not a pcmcia slotport on my new computer.

And l`m not the only one with this problem:

I got a $300 dollar ACER 4520 and a $3000 ASUS and TL will NOT work with either of them. I also got a emachines Laptop that does work and a Desktop ACER that also does work.
I find its a hit or miss with laptops.

--------------------
-Donald Hebig

[ 06-07-2011, 04:34 PM: Message edited by: Emil ]
Quote 0 0
Wayne Harris
Make sure you set the "Regional Setting" to use the decimal "." instead of the comma "," for numbers.

Let me know if this helps.
[1396a0]
Quote 0 0
Emil
No that did not help
Quote 0 0
Emil
A friend of mine has the same computer but with the "new" termlab and that works fine. l have the old termlab with a separate powersupply and that frezes up when l try to start a messurement.

Is there any differences on the software on the two termlab boxes?
Quote 0 0
Emil
can l get a answer on this ??????
Quote 0 0
Wayne Harris
I am not aware of any differences between the "USB Powered" Term-LAB interface box and the "Wall transformer powered" interface box (other than the power supply). The USB interface is identical on both units.
[1396a0]
Quote 0 0
Emil
Do you have any suggestions on what could be wrong?
Quote 0 0
Wayne Harris
Try this...
1. Remove the two screws on the bottom of the white interface box.
2. Remove the lid.
3. Locate the processor chip (about the size of a postage stamp) on the PC Board.
4. Press down FIRMLY on this chip to make sure it is fully "seated" in the socket.
5. Test the unit again.

I am just throwing ideas out. Maybe the chip has become "loose" over the years. Or, maybe oxidation on the socket is causing an intermittent connection.
[1396a0]
Quote 0 0
Emil
That did not work
Quote 0 0
Emil
changed my old ac power tl box to a new usb tl box and now it works fine

Same computer that i used on the old ac power TL box
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy