Boomin Audio Competitions - Andy
Everytime I see a "widescreen" in the store it always has huge black bars on top and bottom. Widescreen tv and widscreen dvd but only using a fraction of that it should.
Quote 0 0
Iggys Ghost
From what I understand widescreen>fullscreen. Doesnt fugg with the aspect ratio or something like that.

So yeah there was no real point to this post as im not sure of sh!t.
Quote 0 0
Iconoclast
^^^ lol

it all depends on the input. If you have widescreen input going into it, then it won't (well... shouldn't) fugg with it. Same thing for 3:4. But, if you have a widescreen signal going into a 3:4 monitor, it will stretch it, or add bars (dpending on your monitor's programming).

Never seen a widescreen with bars at top and bottom, thats just weird. I think you were looking a a 3:4 monitor, and not a widescreen. Widescreens will have black bars at the right and left, if they don't get an appropriate signal (since the only other signal is 3:4). Only 3:4 monitors have bars at top and bottom, unless physically added for some reason to an already widescreen signal (which I very highly doubt would happen, much les o the extent you are talking about).
Quote 0 0
1LOUDSUV
Quote:
Originally posted by Iconoclast:

Never seen a widescreen with bars at top and bottom, thats just weird. I think you were looking a a 3:4 monitor, and not a widescreen. Widescreens will have black bars at the right and left, if they don't get an appropriate signal
(since the only other signal is 3:4). Only 3:4 monitors have bars at top and bottom, unless physically added for some reason to an already widescreen signal (which I very highly doubt would happen, much les o the extent you are talking about).
noobs

widescreen (16:9) tvs are the new full screen(4:3)

also if you watch an older movie you will see in the begining

"this movie has been reformated from the original to fit your tv"

wich cuts most of hte picture out.

the new formats hd-dvd and blu ray and some dvd's now are all recorded for you to see it how the director recorded it.

its called 2.4:1 or 2.35:1 theirs a couple and thats the new wide screen more then our tv's with 16:9 so when you watch say and hd-dvd 95% of the time you will get blocks

now you can get rid of them by zooming in but some tvs dont allow that and some dont allow that when receiving a high definition signal

and zooming in cuts most of hte picture away.

thats why i went with a 60" tv for my small room cause while watching say some dvds and most all hd-dvd's im only getting at most 50" of screen usage

its the way the director wanted you to see it and its the best way and i love it.

oh yah if you want a 2.4:1 or 2.35:1 setup its gonna be expensive front projector setup

also with the new formats you get lossles sound. wich means say dvd is a kind of ****ty copy of mp3 and hd-dvd or blu ray is super audio cd
Quote 0 0
1LOUDSUV
http://en.wikipedia.org/ wiki/Aspect_ratio_(image)

move the above together it wont let me post it together gay

http://www.pqdvd.com/support/pqdvd_settings_video.html
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy