emaxaudio Show full post »
Derrick824

Quote 0 0
bigO
This battery is 18 mos. old, what could be the cause? It was load tested to 200A load and VDC dropped to near 0 after 8 secs. Battery was fully charged before test but afterwards will only charge to 10.5 VDC w/ a CTek MUS7002 charger.

[ 09-23-2010, 10:06 AM: Message edited by: bigO ]
Quote 0 0
bigO
What could be going on? Battery read about 10 VDC for about eight secs. @ about 200 A load and then went to 0 VDC and won't hold a charge overnight. After charging, voltage drops overnight to 10 or so VDC and after a few secs. to 0 VDC under a 200A load. Battery was tested with a carbon pile tester with analog meter so 200A and 10 VDC are aprox. readout.

[ 10-04-2010, 12:13 PM: Message edited by: bigO ]
Quote 0 0
scottiej
Sounds like a broken connection inside. The battery has a 3yr warranty against defects in material and workmanship to the original owner. It could be that the battery was not fully charged during the test, or that the battery was left in a low state of charge over a long period of time, allowing sulfation to build. Once it was heavily discharged, the heat build-up may have caused some internal damage. No way to tell without an indepth evaluation. We would be happy to take a look at it for you though. Feel free to shoot us a line at info@xspowerbatteries.com or give us a buss at 888-4XS-POWER.
Quote 0 0
Sinister-David
Scottie is a great guy and also please feel free next time to make the picture smaller please
Quote 0 0
bigO
If I spend the money to send battery in, will it be warrantied?
Quote 0 0
scottiej
There is no guarantee for warranty, but there is no charge for us to evaluate the battery and see if it is available for warranty. If you have your original proof of purchase, it would be worth the $10 in shipping to send it in for us to check out.
Quote 0 0
TeamSubGoPoof
I def like the new handle on the 3100s...

I broke a few of those straps when I had some over my head and I was PISSED! lol
Quote 0 0
bigO
Quote:
Originally posted by scottiej:
There is no guarantee for warranty, but there is no charge for us to evaluate the battery and see if it is available for warranty. If you have your original proof of purchase, it would be worth the $10 in shipping to send it in for us to check out.
What are the conditions for the 90 Warranty?
I can get an equiv. shipped for $70, I would not think there would be a charge for a warranty that I would think I already have. Lowest the bat. ever was at was lower than the 12.60V that the warranty card had said. It was at 12.4V when purchased, does that mean the warranty was invalid at purchase?
Quote 0 0
scottiej
If you would like to send your battery in for warranty evaluation, please call our tech dept for return authorization. We will be happy to answer any questions you may have.
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy